• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 1

MrB

Life President
ShrimperZone CC v Up Goes The Finger

First match in the top division and it doesn't get much tougher as we come up against this little group:

Glenn Gilroy - 29 yo, BT Rating=613,659, Wage=£479,265
Aaron Howland - 29 yo, BT Rating=285,100, Wage=£168,182
Nilan Adhikaram - 28 yo, BT Rating=262,939, Wage=£162,675
Vasuman Padayachie - 30 yo, BT Rating=224,501, Wage=£335,860

Ouch. Gilroy and Padayachie were only purchased last week so he's obviously planning a tilt at the title. Gilroy is an England international all rounder but he's on lively fitness, that's about all the hope I have to cling to.

I'm torn whether to GFI, I don't want to start wrecking fitness this early in the season, my cup game isn't the easiest on Sunday and then I have Muse next week. Hmmmm......

Toro Bulls making their debut today against panamfialikos. Most of my leagues are filled with bots so expecting a few good results, today included.

A decent start, only one wicket lost to one of their International bowlers so far.

End of Over 10: 40-1, runrate=4.00
Padayachie 5-0-25-1
Guneratne* 13 (10 balls)
Lamey 12 (23 balls)

Last Wicket: Sinethemba b. Padayachie 15 (FOW: 21/1)

Won the toss again and chose to bat, despite an early wicket we're scoring quickly.

Welcome to 2nd Chance CG for the match between 2nd Chance and Southend United.

We can tell you that 2nd Chance won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a cracker! Hard and fast - should be a run-fest out there on this sunny day.

Let’s join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

End of Over 9: 66-1, runrate=7.33
Basson 5-0-39-1
Wright* 37 (29 balls)
Ray 26 (23 balls)
Last Wicket: Marney lbw b. Basson 1 (FOW: 2/1)

Toro Bulls making their debut today against panamfialikos. Most of my leagues are filled with bots so expecting a few good results, today included.
If you end up getting membership (I think it's £5 for 3 months or £15 for a year) sign up to the ShrimperZone Alliance so you can play in the SZ Friendly league which starts in a couple of weeks.

Paladins Of Purple v BATTY SHRIMPERS

We play the side that finished 3rd last season, games finished 1 win apiece. I probably have the edge on PFL after this weeks FC BOT bashing, so we're at full-strength on a GFI.

Good toss to win, but we don't want to be chasing much more than 220.

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a little uneven. Should be tough for the batsmen on this partially cloudy and humid day.

End of Over 13: 55-1, runrate=4.23
Job 7-0-30-1
Gallacher* 19 (33 balls)
Connell 36 (42 balls)

Last Wicket: Clemence lbw b. Job 0 (FOW: 1/1)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bob's Buffoons v DIBS DIPPERS

Mrs BB takes on an old rival, they've always had very close games.

With no WC games this week-end, both of her Internationals play, and she has a full-strength side out on GFI.

No early wickets, but she's kept it pretty tight so far.

We can tell you that DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this sunny day.

End of Over 14: 44-0, runrate=3.14
Eagles 2-0-11-0
Stewart* 21 (35 balls)
Tonderai 23 (49 balls)

General Stars -vs- Fenwick

My first ever game in Level 2 ... at last ... ! Tricky start but have GFI'ed as want to try and get off to a good start! Sunny day in Essex and £450,000 in my back pocket for the honour! Steady start but sure it will be a close run thing!

End of Over 15: 59-1, runrate=3.93
Deane 1-0-5-0
Atkinson* 26 (47 balls)
Chamara 11 (20 balls)

Last Wicket: Fennell c. Browne b. Ikramullah 19 (FOW: 34/1)

getting a bit of a kicking here.

Welcome to Pettefershire CCG for the match between Pettefershire CCC and Run Out Of Ideas.

We can tell you that Run Out Of Ideas won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this sunny day.

End of Over 16: 101-1, runrate=6.31
Cliffe 4-0-24-0
Seaborne* 58 (58 balls)
Sadangi 40 (34 balls)
Last Wicket: Camilleri Run Out 1 (FOW: 2/1)

Got off to a good start bowling first,

End of Over 18: 68-3, runrate=3.78
Elahi 4-0-12-1
Curran* 0 (1 balls)
Henry 0 (4 balls)
Last Wicket: Body b. Elahi 24 (FOW: 66/3)

They've had a mini collapse after being 60/0

Playing a sold up side (Crantock) and we are being frustrated by a couple of superb or quality bats. I want to get as much NRR from these games as possible.

My opponents have this guy in their side, currently up for sale!

Gary Butler (2339615)
Gary is a defensive RH Batsman, and a defensive RF Bowler. He has competent leadership skills and wonderful experience.

He currently has superb batting form, superb bowling form and lively fitness.

Plays For: Come on you Wolves
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 115,971
Wages: £118,047 p/w
Preference: None
Trait: None
Stamina: strong Wicket Keeping: mediocre
Batting: mediocre Concentration: worthless
Bowling: phenomenal Consistency: exceptional
Fielding: worthless

I was doing Ok til he came on!

End of Over 23: 101-8, runrate=4.39
Platt 5-2-5-3
Cahill* 2 (11 balls)
Boyce 0 (7 balls)
Last Wicket: Soleyn b. Platt 2 (FOW: 101/8)

Got to be happy with this, wickets in hand so hopefully we can kickon from here:

End of Over 28: 124-2, runrate=4.43
Adhikaram 4-0-18-0
Cunningham* 48 (54 balls)
Lamey 41 (71 balls)

Last Wicket: Guneratne b. Shakes 19 (FOW: 46/2)

Could actually do with Lamo getting out now, he's done his job but we ened to kick on and he's dried up.

End of Over 31: 131-2, runrate=4.23
Howland 9-1-35-0
Cunningham* 51 (62 balls)
Lamey 45 (81 balls)

Last Wicket: Guneratne b. Shakes 19 (FOW: 46/2)

Really good squeeze going on here, could do with Gallacher batting for a while longer yet...

Paladins Of Purple v BATTY SHRIMPERS

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Uneven

End of Over 32: 117-2, runrate=3.66
Wilkey 6-0-23-0
Gallacher* 38 (94 balls)
Dangasela 11 (20 balls)

Last Wicket: Connell b. Singh 66 (FOW: 101/2)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB keeping it tight as well.

Bob's Buffoons v DIBS DIPPERS

DIBS DIPPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 32: 113-1, runrate=3.53
Eagles 6-1-23-0
Wakeman* 8 (13 balls)
Tonderai 66 (113 balls)

Last Wicket: Stewart b. Kealey 37 (FOW: 88/1)

Ask and you shall receive!! Shock horror Wanless comes in and gets the scoreboard ticking over again.

End of Over 33: 143-3, runrate=4.33
Howland 10-1-46-0
Cunningham* 54 (67 balls)
Wanless 8 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Lamey st. Shaw b. Gilroy 45 (FOW: 132/3)

Need to break this partnership soon! looks like it could be a close game...

End of Over 38: 158-4, runrate=4.16
Elahi 9-0-34-1
Curran* 40 (61 balls)
Pule 37 (46 balls)
Last Wicket: Henry lbw b. Arnold 4 (FOW: 86/4)

End of Over 40: 243-4, runrate=6.08
Bryan 10-0-51-2
Joost* 64 (70 balls)
Hulse 12 (17 balls)
Last Wicket: Tyler c. Murphy b. Bryan 0 (FOW: 221/4)

Back