• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 12

MrB

Life President
ShrimperZone CC v Parkway Sports

4th v 2nd. We go GFI as we're fully sublime however so are they so I expect they will too. They have 6 100k+ players, up till this week it was 7 but they sold the top rated one on Tuesday and don't seem to have replaced him yet. It was a fairly brutal beating last time even though I GFI'd but that sale my level things up a bit.

Even if we win we will probably drop back to 5th as Fingers XI are playing AFC Wimbledon so will get a massive NRR boost.

I take on Jinxy's allstar's today on his cracked pitch on a partially cloudy and humid day so its certainly not going to be a run-fest out there today!

Im at full strength and can afford a GFI with everyone at sublime and considering the pitch, the game shouldn't go the full distance! Im 3rd and my oppo are 4th. Bit of dead game for me as i need one more win to guarantee a top 4 finish and if i lose this week i have the bottom team next week to beat so its all fairly comfortable!!

Kev

2nd (me) at home to 5th.

1 at Invigorated (Pollock), and another 5 at Energetic, but they all play on a GFI as we have a semi-bot next week in FC.

Should be a close game, but I'd be disappointed to lose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4th placed Mrs BB takes on 6th in her game today, her PFl is in a slightly better state than mine, so she's also at full strength on a GFI.

We've had a result, oppo looks to have thrown the game although he has one decent batter hiding at 6. Could make up a bit of the 6 NRR diff between me and 1st :)

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Colne Dynamoes

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this partially cloudy day.

End of Over 2: 2-2, runrate=1.00
Middleton 1-1-0-1
Fowler* 1 (1 balls)
Khotsofalang 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Kimberley c. Evelyn b. Middleton 1 (FOW: 2/2)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIBS DIPPERS v Bowling Crofty

We can tell you that Bowling Crofty won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this partially cloudy day.

End of Over 2: 15-0, runrate=7.50
Wilkinson 1-0-6-0
Stride* 12 (8 balls)
Potter 3 (4 balls)

What a start! Hawkins was a filler but Ryan took out Croft for a duck who's a 150k guy with a 145 average.

End of Over 3: 8-2, runrate=2.67
Sutherland 2-0-3-1
Tšeliso* 4 (6 balls)
Sweeney 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Hawkins b. Sutherland 3 (FOW: 8/2)

I've played the other teams at the top and find myself sitting in pole position so as long as I don't slip up along the way, I should be OK for promotion. This game is my toughest of the ones left, and fielding first I can safely say I don't think I could have had a better start:

End of Over 1: 1-4, runrate=1.00
Coutts 1-0-1-4
Lyth* 1 (1 balls)
Mdingane 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Gore c. Padmakumara b. Coutts 0 (FOW: 1/4)

0.6 . Coutts to Mdingane
Cracking delivery. In the corridor of uncertainty and Mdingane had to play at that one.
0.5 W Coutts to Gore
There are some interesting field placings here as Coutts runs in to bowl. Very interesting! Gore got a thick edge and the ball flew straight to Padmakumara at fly slip!
0.4 W Coutts to Tarrant
I have no idea what sort of shot Tarrant was trying there, but he left a huge gap for the ball to go through. Although, it must be said, not as large as the newly opened gap between the leg and off stumps.
0.3 W Coutts to Fettis
Stick a fork in Fettis - he's done! Clean bowled!
0.2 W Coutts to Curtis
That's seamed in from well outside off. Curtis offers no shot and the umpire has no choice but to give him out.
0.1 1 Coutts to Lyth
The batsman manages to pull the short ball to deep mid wicket, but it's mistimed and he will only pick up one.

Glorious stuff from Ryan!

End of Over 6: 23-3, runrate=3.83
Ryan 3-0-16-2
Sweeney* 1 (4 balls)
Sattaur 6 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Tšeliso b. Ryan 11 (FOW: 16/3)

Joey Tšeliso - Battrick Rating: 111,013

Shouldn't take much longer.

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 9: 19-6, runrate=2.11
Singh 5-0-9-3
Kidd* 11 (13 balls)
Ndungane 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Westall c & b. Singh 0 (FOW: 19/6)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB going very well.

Bowling Crofty won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 9: 65-0, runrate=7.22
Field 5-0-41-0
Stride* 35 (27 balls)
Potter 29 (27 balls)

Shouldn't be too long

The players are off the field for the break between innings.

End of Over 12: 17-10, runrate=1.42
Mclaren 0-0-0-1
Byfield* 3 (18 balls)

Welcome to Alan's Big Plate for the match between Bowling Bowling Mushy and Southend.

We can tell you that Southend won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloudy day.

Lets join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

End of Over 12: 48-3, runrate=4.00
Granville 1-0-1-0
Sanghera* 19 (30 balls)
Tenius 9 (20 balls)
Last Wicket: Cahill b. Rennie 11 (FOW: 22/3)

Annoying, Sweeney is rubbish but made 38 against us last time round to frustrate our efforts, doing it again.

Schofield 1-0-4-0
Sattaur* 20 (18 balls)
Sweeney 11 (27 balls)

Annoying, Sweeney is rubbish but made 38 against us last time round to frustrate our efforts, doing it again.

Schofield 1-0-4-0
Sattaur* 20 (18 balls)
Sweeney 11 (27 balls)

Nice similarity between our scores.

End of Over 13: 70-2, runrate=5.38
Mirza 2-0-3-1
Magloire* 6 (10 balls)
Livingstone 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Lay c. Gerrard b. Mirza 39 (FOW: 70/2)

Mirza's got one eye on his impending move.

Unfortunately, the top side's oppo has also thrown the game, the only saving grace is that the top side are batting 1st. We're going to need to knock off our chase pretty rapidly to make up any ground.

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 14: 36-8, runrate=2.57
Middleton 7-1-19-4
Kidd* 25 (26 balls)
Haywzelden 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Moore c. Schoeman b. Middleton 0 (FOW: 36/8)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bowling Crofty won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 14: 82-0, runrate=5.86
Canoville 2-0-8-0
Stride* 47 (45 balls)
Potter 34 (39 balls)

Last edited:
Woot!! Downside is they bat down to 11 (5 all rounders) so we still have three more 100k+ batsmen to wade through.

End of Over 15: 59-5, runrate=3.93
Marriott 1-1-0-1
Parry* 0 (2 balls)
Smith 0 (3 balls)

Last Wicket: Sattaur b. Marriott 28 (FOW: 59/5)

Had an awful start and they were 62-0 but since Guy has come on, i've pulled it back a bit!

End of Over 18: 86-3, runrate=4.78
Guy 4-0-14-2
Baldwin* 14 (17 balls)
Howson 0 (9 balls)

Last Wicket: Carter c. Browne b. Cook 1 (FOW: 85/3)

Back