• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 2

MrB

Life President
We play the team that beat us in Week 13 last season to sod up my promotion hopes. A quick scan of their squad shows a top 11 of:

Sublime x3
Energetic x2
Invigorated x2
Lively x1
Fair x1
Low x2

They've played a full strength squad every game and it's showing. We're looking spritely with 6 sublimes. Almost tempted to TIE but not really worth the risk. They have their superstar batsman Maylett who almost always scores a century against me. Suthers is itching to get at him.....

Looks like I played Lions at the right time last week, they've splashed their cash so I'm going to have to be on my game for the return:

Date What Who To/From Price BT Rating
30/09/2007 Bought Shakeel Masood muscles xi £15,000,000 81,671
29/09/2007 Bought Michael Percy Team cricket £7,500,000 32,542
29/09/2007 Bought Leon Nicholl Milton's XI £8,500,000 34,833

Oh god. It really does keep coming this FC stuff!

My oppo had their game wrapped up in 2 days! Beat one of the best teams in the league last Friday. They have a good top order and a couple of good quickies but lack any real decent spinners and being at home, that should give me an advantage. There team is also lacking fitness too which means they will either play a weaker team or they might struggle due to lack of fitness. Not going to select my team till later but im looking okay on the fitness front!

Should i be looking to bowl or batt tomorrow!? IIRC im better at chasing down scores so i may look to bowl first! (im at home btw!)

Kev

I'm playing the best of the promoted sides. They won their league game with more ease than i did, using only 2 bowlers in the first innings and 4 in the second innings.

They have 4 players with battrick rating of over 100,000, so I'm expecting a heavy defeat and will be surprised if I can get over 100 runs.

I've got the side who I expected to win last year but didn't, and he's drawn his 1st game of this season against the team that came down from III. He's got 3 good bats in the middle order who get all his runs, and he's got a pretty good bowling attack with no major fitness worries that I can see. Curle is down to Lively, so won't play, and Schoeman and Prasad are both at Invigorated, so unless they improve overnight they won't play either. I'm expecting to lose, so have TIE'd, but I'm trying some sneaky tactics. His openers are pretty rubbish, so I've set my worst 2 bowlers to bowl right through on Very Defensive and Defensived, hopefully they won't get them out, but won't concede many runs either, leaving my 3 better bowlers to hopefully bowl at his middle order for the last 30 overs. Could be carnage though if we take 2 early wickets.....

Having a closer look, 4 of their best players are at invigorated, 1 at fresh and 1 at lively so im expecting 4 points tomorrow.

My only worries are Lamb and Tapp - both at invigorated. The majority at sublime with a few (Bayliss, Jackman, Titterton & Raven) at energetic but im sure all 4 will play. Titterton might just bat and Raven is mainly going to bowl. Will put him down the order in the hope we can chase a score and he wont need to batt.

Kev

Bugger - seems i maybe screwed in the OD this week, my opposition completed their 2 FC games in 2 days . Whereas I was taken to 3 days both times plus I forgot to change the orders for the Cup so my bowling is currently

1 x invigorated
1 x moderate :(
1 x energetic
2 x lively

whilst the rest of the boys are

4 x sublime
3 x energetic
1 x invigorated
2 x lively
1 x moderate :cry:

Whilst their team consists of 9 sublimes 1 energetic and 1 invigorated.

Keep Licking that Cricketing Elbow v BATTY SHRIMPERS

We can tell you that Keep Licking that Cricketing Elbow won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this sunny day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pukka's Pies v DIBS DIPPERS

We can tell you that Pukka's Pies won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a bit on the dry side. A fair bit of help for the spinners I think on this overcast and cold day.

Explosive start from my opposition:

End of Over 3: 0-0, runrate=0.00
Sutherland 2-2-0-0
Maylett* 0 (6 balls)
Buchan 0 (12 balls)

05/10/2007 Keep Licking that Cricketing Elbow v BATTY SHRIMPERS

Keep Licking that Cricketing Elbow won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 5: 15-2, runrate=3.00
Archer 3-0-8-2
Middleton* 7 (12 balls)
Ricketts 6 (6 balls)

Last Wicket: Raziuddin c. Felice b. Archer 2 (FOW: 5/2)

Both openers out in the 1st 3 overs, mind you they're up against a £24.5k bowler (Exceptional / Sensational at a guess).

Pukka's Pies won the toss and elected to field.

End of Over 5: 25-1, runrate=5.00
Fernando 3-0-15-1
Stride* 3 (4 balls)
Owens 12 (17 balls)

Last Wicket: Potter b. Fernando 4 (FOW: 8/1)

End of Over 7: 37-1, runrate=5.29
Boardman 4-0-18-0
Sugden* 1 (1 balls)
Bartlett 14 (20 balls)

Last Wicket: Flood c & b. Moss 18 (FOW: 32/1)

Game over I would guess, at least it's not going to hurt PFL's too much

End of Over 11: 29-5, runrate=2.64
Archer 6-1-16-4
Lentin* 0 (0 balls)
Middleton 17 (26 balls)

Last Wicket: Law Run Out 0 (FOW: 23/5)

End of Over 12: 65-1, runrate=5.42
Tomlinson 1-0-8-0
Stride* 33 (29 balls)
Owens 21 (34 balls)

Suthers ends his spell and once again fails to take out Maylett. Not good on a cracked pitch.

End of Over 13: 41-0, runrate=3.15
Sutherland 7-2-10-0
Buchan* 18 (47 balls)
Maylett 23 (31 balls)

End of Over 15: 36-9, runrate=2.40
Fenton 1-1-0-1
Middleton* 21 (31 balls)
Moodley 0 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Brinkhuys b. Fenton 1 (FOW: 36/9)

Can't remember what my lowest score is, but this won't be far off of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Over 15: 91-1, runrate=6.07
Hole 3-0-22-0
Owens* 25 (41 balls)
Stride 55 (40 balls)

Mrs BB on the other hand, is racing along.

End of Over 17: 103-2, runrate=6.06
Maylett 2-0-20-0
Drury* 19 (20 balls)
Sugden 29 (27 balls)

Last Wicket: Bartlett c. Downing b. Cornelis 32 (FOW: 65/2)

oh how i missed Keehan in FC this week

End of Over 18: 77-4, runrate=4.28
Keehan 4-0-19-2
Muller* 28 (40 balls)
Ravenhill 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Sanghera b. Keehan 0 (FOW: 77/4)

Got the big wicket but still need a few more. If the score gets above 150 I'm going to worry.

End of Over 20: 67-1, runrate=3.35
Horrigan 5-2-21-1
Pitcher* 12 (11 balls)
Buchan 27 (76 balls)

Last Wicket: Maylett c. Askew b. Horrigan 24 (FOW: 48/1)

good start, hopefully we can push on the run-rate a bit..

End of Over 23: 115-0, runrate=5.00
Rowe-francis 2-1-2-0
Scholes* 48 (70 balls)
Rieger 62 (68 balls)

Well my Woeful / Woeful number 11 is frustrating them, but I think he needs to get about another 80 to make a game of this.

End of Over 22: 57-9, runrate=2.59
Evett 1-0-1-0
Middleton* 34 (50 balls)
Moodley 5 (28 balls)

Last Wicket: Brinkhuys b. Fenton 1 (FOW: 36/9)

End of Over 22: 127-2, runrate=5.77
Hayden 6-0-25-0
Judd* 16 (22 balls)
Stride 69 (56 balls)

Last Wicket: Owens c. Ireland b. Hole 26 (FOW: 98/2)

Got the oppo at 81-8! Some superb bowling from Jackman should have won me the game 7-1-13-4 . Guys has since come in and taken 2 wickets at 12 runs in 5 overs!

My plan of Raven and Tapp not doing too much could work!

:)

Back