• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 5

MrB

Life President
Parkway Sports v ShrimperZone CC

Not great timing for me, 3 days of FC toil have blown out the fitness with both Plums and Sini on invigorated and a bunch on energetic and we find ourselves playing the unbeaten leaders today who had an easy ride against an 'about to bot' Ladbroke Rovers in the Championship

However, with no cup game to worry about and ok looking BT20 games next week we're going to GFI anyway. They're very much a 'star' based team, five 6 figure BTR players, a 40k and then everything else below 20k. The top dog is on invigorated which is handy but 4 of those big 5 are bowlers so we're going to have to be on our game to get any kind of score.

Pitch is cracked but the weather is sunny, think I might have a bat and hope we can hold out.

Also of note, for a team ranked 32 in England, they play with a non batting WK at number 11!!

I play bottom of the league, which is handy as my batting is pretty shot. Pollock, Nagga and Schoeman are all at Lively so miss out. Evelyn drops to Energetic but has to play, we've also got a couple of bowlers on Invigorated. Thankfully it's a Flat pitch, so we may get away with it. Still in the Cup, but as I've got a level II, I'm seriously thinking of throwing it, although I might hold off for another week as it's BT20 next week, and we may be able to juggle it around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mrs BB is at full strength bar Potter, but she's got a tough game today, and on the back of 4 straight defeats, I don't fancy her chances.

Somehow, after facing just 170 balls in my FC match, Sookram STILL finds himself at invigorated! Im totally bemused by this, especially considering he is now only on one singular batting net. Raven also at invig but both play as next tough game will be on Weds in the BT20! A few at energetic but im GFI'ing as will have 4 days to recover!

Kev

At home, had to rest several key players, including Neeky, Allan and Perry, leaving me with my backup wk, and only 4 decent bowlers. But Jeffers is back. and Armstrong and Dilnawaz get a run-out.

Is it just me who now sees invigorated as a good level of fitness, particularly for all-rounders?

Southend v Bowling Bowling Mushy (3754800)
Date: 10/07/2009 10:30
Ground: The Garrison

I fear the worst again. Can't afford to GFI due to being in the cup, which I need, with FC, to maintain morale.

Is it just me who now sees invigorated as a good level of fitness, particularly for all-rounders?

Southend v Bowling Bowling Mushy (3754800)
Date: 10/07/2009 10:30
Ground: The Garrison

I fear the worst again. Can't afford to GFI due to being in the cup, which I need, with FC, to maintain morale.

I thought moderate was good.

:unsure:

Colne Dynamoes v BATTY SHRIMPERS

We can tell you that BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking like a road. As flat as a pancake. No help for the bowlers on this partially cloudy and humid day.

End of Over 1: 1-1, runrate=1.00
Middleton 1-0-1-1
Zweni* 1 (2 balls)
Friedrich 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Wise lbw b. Middleton 0 (FOW: 0/1)

Looks like he's got a mix of good players, and absolute dross. The wicket was one of the dross unfortunately.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bowling Crofty v DIBS DIPPERS

We can tell you that Bowling Crofty won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this sunny day.

End of Over 1: 4-0, runrate=4.00
Mohammed 1-0-4-0
Dick* 1 (2 balls)
Hlompho 3 (4 balls)

Museshrimper said:
I'm still loathe to play anyone at that level, and certainly wouldn't play anyone below that.

I'm still loathe to play anyone at that level, and certainly wouldn't play anyone below that.

It's a bit of a dated opinion now though I think - the PFL changes suggest that a level of invigorated is meant to be good, and the names for the fitness levels suggest this was always supposed to be the case.

End of Over 4: 20-0, runrate=5.00
Rennie 2-0-8-0
Woozley* 8 (12 balls)
Cahill 11 (12 balls)

Yep, they're certainly pushing away from sublime being the norm. It's the same for everyone and adds a dimension to having to manage it. Macca was sublime, didn't make much difference as usual. Trying to see off these two bowlers before Richie bats, though he's in mediocre form.

End of Over 5: 10-1, runrate=2.00
Smith 3-0-5-1
Marriott* 5 (13 balls)
Lamey 2 (10 balls)

Last Wicket: Mcleod b. Smith 3 (FOW: 6/1)

Moderate Rennie takes out this man for 0:

Plays For: Bowling Bowling Mushy
Nationality: West Indies
Battrick Rating: 148,705
Wages: £86,649 p/w

Nice work.

We've had a good start, nice change. Ooh, another wicket next ball! Nice to be the team getting early wickets.

End of Over 8: 48-4, runrate=6.00
Rennie 4-0-28-2
Woozley* 24 (22 balls)
Tenius 6 (2 balls)
Last Wicket: Nkabinde b. Rennie 0 (FOW: 42/4)

Whitters keeps it tight. Now for my respectable bowlers.

End of Over 10: 34-1, runrate=3.40
Whittingham 5-2-7-1
Manchester* 18 (20 balls)
Magloire 0 (2 balls)

Last Wicket: Lay c & b. Whittingham 13 (FOW: 34/1)

Very pleased here. The high concentration batsmen held off their openers. Now for the second set who are 'only' 199k and 187k......

End of Over 13: 45-1, runrate=3.46
Smith 7-0-22-1
Lamey* 18 (31 balls)
Marriott 24 (40 balls)

Picked off a couple of the better bats, probably just need one more to be through to the tail.

Colne Dynamoes v BATTY SHRIMPERS

BATTY SHRIMPERS won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Flat

End of Over 18: 66-4, runrate=3.67
Singh 2-0-12-0
Pearson* 25 (35 balls)
Johannes 16 (18 balls)

Last Wicket: Friedrich c. Evelyn b. Middleton 8 (FOW: 35/4)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Couple of early wickets for Mrs BB, but without Potter she'll struggle to chase much over 200.

Bowling Crofty won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 18: 80-2, runrate=4.44
York 4-0-16-0
Mqabukonyongolo* 31 (44 balls)
Kenworthy 19 (28 balls)

Last Wicket: Dick c. Mohammed b. Eagles 17 (FOW: 38/2)

End of Over 20: 87-3, runrate=4.35
Asher 5-0-24-0
Coyne* 21 (23 balls)
Gledhill 19 (27 balls)
Last Wicket: Hyams c. Wright b. Walker 0 (FOW: 49/3)

I know it's a GFI but I'm mightily impressed, if we can hold on we'll have some decent firepower to use going into the last ten, especially as their one weaker bowler Ingham still has 5 overs to bowl.

End of Over 30: 116-1, runrate=3.87
Ingham 5-0-28-0
Marriott* 57 (95 balls)
Lamey 55 (78 balls)

End of Over 31: 127-10, runrate=4.10
Deakin 9-1-26-1
Grogan* 18 (35 balls)

Good first half of this game. My unreliable batting line up must fire.

Excellent performance from the bowlers, won't use up too much PFL either as we are on a PAN.

End of Over 32: 88-10, runrate=2.75
Glasby 4-2-3-3
Khotsofalang* 2 (25 balls)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bowling Crofty won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 32: 137-3, runrate=4.28
York 6-0-22-0
Kenworthy* 45 (68 balls)
Canoville 21 (39 balls)

Last Wicket: Mqabukonyongolo c. Stride b. Sipho 33 (FOW: 82/3)

Mario goes but he did more than I could have expected for a quality batsman and as long as Richie's form doesn't affect him and we don't suffer a collapse we should be able to get past 200. Typical that it was the crappy bowler that got the wicket!!

End of Over 35: 135-2, runrate=3.86
Ingham 6-0-30-1
Cunningham* 1 (1 balls)
Lamey 65 (92 balls)

Last Wicket: Marriott c. Henshall b. Ingham 65 (FOW: 134/2)

And there goes Lamo, this could turn rapidly.

Two wickets in the over, including a run out, sees the game lost already. Davenport is getting incredibly close to being bunged on the transfer list, as he has been shocking every game.

End of Over 6: 22-2, runrate=3.67, reqrunrate=2.41 (127-10)
Tenius 3-0-12-1
Healy* 7 (17 balls)
Granville 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Davenport c. Barnes b. Tenius 1 (FOW: 22/2)

Back