• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OD - Week 8

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
3rd place (me) at home to 6th place and expecting record OD receipts. My opps sit well below their true worth but have been focussing on FC knowing that if it comes to a play-off they will win it hands down. If he plays a full strength team it will be tough but I've turned him over in the past. Barring miraculous disasters top 4 is in the bag and I really should be resting a couple but, aside from here, my oppo is the only other person in BT I have good-natured banter with so a full strength line up is selected, though form of one bowler is a concern.

2nd (me) against 4th, but should be a win. Got a few at Energetic, but it's a full-strength line-up on a PAN.

Mrs BB plays the leaders, but she only has Eagles at Energetic, everybody else Sublime, so it's full-strength on a GFI.

Home to 4th (i'm 5th) but on a 5-match losing streak (in all comps) and the oppo have a 100k+BTR England U19 in their line-up. Lost the corresponding fixture ealier in the season so I think I'm gonna have to wait a couple more games to get a win :(

Last edited:
Playing last seasons 2nd place finishers but they're struggling this term after starting a rebuild of the team. Full strength on a TIE so Fettis makes his debut.

Welcome to SOUTHGATE CG for the match between SOUTHGATE and ShrimperZone CC.

We can tell you that SOUTHGATE won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this sunny day.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Durrington Albion

We can tell you that Durrington Albion won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a touch on the green side. All the seam bowlers have been out there rubbing their hands on this partially cloudy day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIBS DIPPERS v Borders Batters

We can tell you that Borders Batters won the toss and elected to field. The pitch is looking a little uneven. Should be tough for the batsmen on this partially cloudy day.

Good start from the openers. The King is due some runs today, only 1 50 and 1 ton in the OD league this season.

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Durrington Albion

Durrington Albion won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 4: 24-0, runrate=6.00
Sebastian 2-0-7-0
Evelyn* 15 (16 balls)
Ricketts 3 (8 balls)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steady start from Mrs BB

DIBS DIPPERS v Borders Batters

Borders Batters won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Green

End of Over 4: 18-0, runrate=4.50
Warner 2-0-5-0
Potter* 7 (8 balls)
Hutton 11 (16 balls)

Sunny day, but forgot to change it to bat first. Hulse plays at lively, a couple at invigorated and we are GFI'ing.

End of Over 4: 4-0, runrate=1.00
Hulse 2-0-2-0
Garry* 4 (12 balls)
Duke 0 (12 balls)

End of Over 6: 32-1, runrate=5.33
Berry 3-0-16-0
Heskey* 14 (16 balls)
Jefferson 12 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Prag c. Khotso b. Johnson 5 (FOW: 6/1)

Should win this.

Brings in the first of their uber-batsmen.

End of Over 6: 9-1, runrate=1.50
Hulse 3-1-2-0
Duke* 0 (14 balls)
Aubrey 0 (1 balls)
Last Wicket: Garry Run Out 7 (FOW: 9/1)

And out he goes, bringing the second of his uber-batsmen.

6.2 W Barrowdale to Aubrey
A perfect Younis-like yorker from Barrowdale. Out!

And I thought it would be the 5th bowler who would make me struggle:

End of Over 8: 25-2, runrate=3.13
Sellars 4-0-15-1
Thay* 11 (26 balls)
Granville 4 (5 balls)
Last Wicket: Davenport c. Borrowdale b. Leacock 10 (FOW: 16/2)

Healy and Davenport both out, game over.

End of Over 9: 51-4, runrate=5.67
Raven 5-1-25-4
Cester* 17 (19 balls)
Cramer 15 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Sayce st. Browne b. Raven 2 (FOW: 23/4)

Great start from Raven early doors. 3 wickets in one over was excellent early doors. As ever, i dont want to be chasing anything over 150! These lot are very handy, despite sitting in 8th!, as he plays a weakened team now and again and its just trying to sit in this Level as i think he is prioritising the FC format!

Kev

In control and Fettis off the mark.

End of Over 14: 33-4, runrate=2.36
Fettis 2-1-5-1
Harrison* 5 (2 balls)
Clayden 2 (11 balls)

Last Wicket: Wynne-willson c. Plummer b. Fettis 2 (FOW: 28/4)

End of Over 17: 62-2, runrate=3.65
Dhindsa 2-0-9-0
Thay* 24 (51 balls)
Granville 28 (34 balls)
Last Wicket: Davenport c. Borrowdale b. Leacock 10 (FOW: 16/2)

Just two 4's and a 6 in the first 17 overs, rubbish.

Easy day ahead of the big match on Sunday.

End of Over 7: 47-0, runrate=6.71, reqrunrate=0.53 (69-10)
Burn 4-0-28-0
Lamey* 26 (22 balls)
Cunningham 21 (20 balls)

End of Over 38: 159-4, runrate=4.18
Sekani 9-0-49-0
Tarr* 80 (77 balls)
Chuguel 37 (53 balls)
Last Wicket: Ellison b. Mcveigh 28 (FOW: 69/4)

End of Over 40: 152-3, runrate=3.80
Roscoe 10-0-49-0
Granville* 63 (101 balls)
Thikhathali 30 (34 balls)
Last Wicket: Thay c. Borrowdale b. Cowling 48 (FOW: 102/3)

Would take 200 here. I predict 175 all out.

Last 7 wickets fell for 13 runs.

End of Over 49: 199-10, runrate=4.06
Sellars 9-0-32-4
Deakin* 0 (0 balls)

49.2 W Barrowdale to Lester
The ball shapes away from Lester and he follows with the bat, offering the slightest of edges. An easy catch for Wright. Out!
49.1 . Barrowdale to Lester
Nothing good about that bit of cricket. Bad ball. Poor shot. Dodgy fielding. No backing up. Still, it'll go down as a dot ball in the scorebook.

End of Over 49: 221-9, runrate=4.51
Hulse 10-1-48-3
Lester* 12 (12 balls)
Gibbs 0 (0 balls)
Last Wicket: Hart lbw b. Hulse 0 (FOW: 221/9)
48.6 W Hulse to Hart
Clearly missing off stump and leg stump... but not middle!
48.5 W Hulse to Malloy
Good length ball from Hulse grips off the seam and the batsman's defenses are found wanting as a faint edge is found. A simple catch for the keeper.
48.4 W Hulse to Chuguel
The bowler had Chuguel feeling for that one, who drove on the up to Barrowdale at extra cover, straight into the midriff and the fielder juggled it twice, before holding on.

End of Over 10: 35-2, runrate=3.50, reqrunrate=2.83 (147-10)
Howard 5-0-8-2
Browne* 15 (24 balls)
Sookram 5 (11 balls)

Last Wicket: Philip b. Howard 5 (FOW: 27/2)

Quite frustratingly, they have made a semi decent total in the end. Its never easy to get runs at my place and on a partially cloudy day, this even more so the case. Had a great start from Raven taking the big 4 early on and then there 2 players who look very similar to Lamb and Bayliss, put on about 60 together. Perhaps some promise there then! Bit worried i may lose, especially now i dont bat down to 9!

Kev

Back