• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Official at last. PB signs up.

Good to see Brown intends to build a sprightly young squad of whippersnappers to challenge next season.

These three will miss half the season each through injury!

In all seriousness, I agree with the decision to re-sign White, JD only if he's taken a huge pay cut and has some backroom role too, and Holmes well time will tell. I don't think he's a bad player but I really think he's going to struggle to stay fit. I hope to be wrong.

All three are the sorts of players who you would want in the dressing room though. Good news also for Fagan, deserves his promotion.

Do we know if PB as actually signed yet, announcement said agreed a deal (handshake) which was expected to be signed yday?

Good to see Brown intends to build a sprightly young squad of whippersnappers to challenge next season.

These three will miss half the season each through injury!

In all seriousness, I agree with the decision to re-sign White, JD only if he's taken a huge pay cut and has some backroom role too, and Holmes well time will tell. I don't think he's a bad player but I really think he's going to struggle to stay fit. I hope to be wrong.

All three are the sorts of players who you would want in the dressing room though. Good news also for Fagan, deserves his promotion.
Regards to Holmes he certainly stepped it up since brown been back.

In Holmes and White, you have 2 people with local ties and to whom SUFC means more than most. That is worth 10% extra in performance and I doubt either of them will be awash with offers from elsewhere. I suspect Holmes will be missing some of pre-season anyhow as he has a broken ankle.

Baffled by the JD decision to be honest.

How on earth does JD get another offer. Way past his best and would have been one of the first to go IMO after his attitude this season. Stupid tackle vs Col U comes to mind.

How on earth does JD get another offer. Way past his best and would have been one of the first to go IMO after his attitude this season. Stupid tackle vs Col U comes to mind.

welcome to the brown school of management, should be looking at players that get us out of the division not the part time players

Devils advocate answer.....
Maybe its because its always 110% energy and effort, sticks to a game plan religiously (apart from 1 rare sending off), can take pens, is verbal and supportive to other players, gets up the oppositions noses, rarely gets outbullied on the pitch, defensively sound, good positional play, wins a fair number of high balls, a better right back than Elvis but impressed managers when asked to play in the mid. Has notched up the second most minutes on the pitch this season despite managing a knee due to good fitness levels.
He's a player most teams would want (and sounds like has league options) but obviously wont be everyone's cup of tea as that type of player never is.
But decent reasons to validate an offer...

Back