• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Get rid of the useless orange clueless **** now otherwise it will be yet another wasted season.....how many blatant mistakes can this bloke make. Yeah Hawkwell Blue and other lilly livered posters, i know we are 6th and top of the nil nil league but pretty soon we are going backwards with this bloke in charge, unbelievable, what do you reckon ex Chelsea, goal scoring Connor Clifford?

Agreed Wiggy,

I have seen better attacking football on Sunday mornings without paying 21 quid to watch us firing blanks.

May well be right, but what have these to do with improving the quality of ShrimperZone? How about limiting the number of repetitious grumbles to one or two posts tops rather than daily/weekly. Another one might be 'Rant of the week' voted for by poll?

We need to bring the community feel we had on this site a few years ago when we use to have end of season drink up etc... where you knew who posters were

Last edited by a moderator:
Teach people the differences between There and Their and when or when not to use it (or is it them?), also your and you're.... drives me mad!

How about a live twitter feed, or a directory or market place. People could pay a nominal sum to advertise their services or items for sale or barter for a small fee? It would help fund SZ!

Non mrsblue threads please. She repeats the same things over and over again regardless of the subject.

I may not always post and even when i do I feel that there is a bit of a clique on here which means unless you are exceptionally controversial you tend to be ignored!

However, for a die hard Southend fan it is pretty much indispensible especially on match days or in a transfer window period.

Not sure how difficult it would be to do but another forum I post on has a little 'new' flag appear alongside thread headings that another contributor has posted on since your last visit, clicking on the 'new' flag then takes you straight to the first new post in the thread, no more wading through pages of the old posts before you find the new posts.

I know we have the headings made bold font to signify new posts so wonder if it could be made to take us straight to the new post if you click on the bold header?

Simple for me, drop rep. Some people use it in totally the wrong way and some people are total rep whores :whistling: therefore simpler to let it go all together.

Barring that, reset it.

Last edited:
Personerly i wood love two have a speal chequer to help me with my righting when replying 2 posts.

Much two my suns disgust

Snr.

How about a "Like" or "Dislike" feature per post instead of rep?

How about "Phil's Monday night thread'.

Phil has to answer truthfully any question posed regarding football his tactics his players and does he actually know what those big white objects are at each end of the pitch.

A mobile version of the Zone would be nice to make it easier to read on smartphones. Check out the mobile version of thefootballforum.net to see how much easier it makes navigating the site.

Phil has to answer truthfully any question posed regarding football his tactics his players and does he actually know what those big white objects are at each end of the pitch.

If I remember correctly, we had a thread on something like this just after he took over. It followed on from the Little Birdy posts. I just can't imagine that he would expose himself to it. Maybe Chris Phillips could have a thread night?

Pointless if the man keeps saying that the strikers will come good, and we haven't got a striker crisis, and we need a striker to put some of those chances away.
It's all the opposite of what we can see, but then suddenly he will agree, but then go back to, the strikers we have will come good.
We're just going to get confused by his answers.

Back