• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Old songs you love and seem timeless

I have an

I have had an hour of Slade hits via Alexa, and they certainly had some belters, incredible the limited air play they get atm.
Bloody Marvellous Band , sadly dismissed as Teeny bop / Glam gimicky , when they just played damn great music .

A missed guided attempt to break the States in 75 led to a lack of activity back home and punk had broken by the time they came home and they never recovered.

Stole the show at Reading in 1980 (after Ozzy Osbournes late call off) which led to a brief revival of their fortunes.

More influential in the industry (Green day, Oasis amongst many others have cited them) than the general public give them credit.

Slade..a great band and those socks loads of people started buying.
Rayleigh Ossie (RIP mate),knew all the band as was often,so he told me,meeting them after gigs.
Saw SLADE 2 i think they were called here 30 years ago in Germany,not sure how many of the original band played,but NH was not there.It was a Golden Oldies night with some other groups.
Maybe Slades most famous song is being played everywhere at this moment in time,do love Merry xmas everyone.
My favourite Slade song is " my oh my"

Slade..a great band and those socks loads of people started buying.
Rayleigh Ossie (RIP mate),knew all the band as was often,so he told me,meeting them after gigs.
Saw SLADE 2 i think they were called here 30 years ago in Germany,not sure how many of the original band played,but NH was not there.It was a Golden Oldies night with some other groups.
Maybe Slades most famous song is being played everywhere at this moment in time,do love Merry xmas everyone.
My favourite Slade song is " my oh my"
I was in a great little bar earlier this evening when 'We All Join Hands' was played - I immediately loved it but it took me 'til the second verse to recognise it. Being the time of the year, I thought I'd just love to hear 'Merry Christmas' (just that once and no more 'til next year) and I'd be happy. It played a bit later and I was. They were a great band.

I knew him very well, and can confirm he went to their gigs all over the country, and knew them all very well.
FYI if you weren't aware he became bisexual, & lived with a guy over twice his age in Rochford. Between 81-82 they had a row & the guy battered him to death. His body was found a few days later after the neighbour's complained of a stench coming from the bungalow. The guy got a guilty for manslaughter.
He also kept wild birds when living at his home in Rayleigh, had an aviary in his back garden, & was the local equivalent of the guy in the film Kes.

Hard to imagine that Morricone composed the music from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly and this. Recorded by so many, so this is Morricone conducting himself. Superb piece.

Back