• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oldham at Home

Mr Wooly

Members
Is there a chance this may be moved due to the England game on Saturday 3rd September?

rock.gif

I could understand it if the FA are worried about England's attendance falling due to our ever increasing support.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ June 25 2005,23:44)]I could understand it if the FA are worried about England's attendance falling due to our ever increasing support.
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

...but it has been known for matches at all levels of the Football League being switched due to England games.

I should think so. Not only does the game kicks off at 3pm but it's also one of those "national pride" clashes against one of the Home Countries. My guess is the game will be one of the first 'Friday Nighters' of the season ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ June 26 2005,10:33)]Now why didn't someone at the FA mention that when the fixtures were being decided?
Because the football league sort out our fixtures. And not many football league players are called up to the England squad.

If Clubs have a problem with the England match being on the same they will re-arrange they matches accordingly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 26 2005,14:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tilly's Prodical Son @ June 26 2005,10:33)]Now why didn't someone at the FA mention that when the fixtures were being decided?
Because the football league sort out our fixtures. And not many football league players are called up to the England squad.

If Clubs have a problem with the England match being on the same they will re-arrange they matches accordingly.
As the BBC commentators said when England were playing Coloumbia in the USA most of the fans who turn out to watch England are supporters from the lower league clubs and not the big Premier$hite sides. So surely the fans of lower league sides attending England fixtures is quite important to the FA is it not?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ June 26 2005,14:32)]
[b said:

Personally all leagues should now not play when internationals are on.

The Championship division usually has 1-3 matches on an International weekend.
Even League 1 had up to 5 or 6 games cancelled last season when there was internationals on.

Its not about England games, its about all the smaller nations that have players playing at a lower level.
Most of the Northern Ireland squad play at Championship or League 1 level, and a lot of clubs now have players from Carribean Islands, Africa, or as we had Monseratt.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpersarmy @ June 26 2005,17:45)]I think our home game with Forest is also on the day of an England game
Indeed it is. Saturday 8th October we play Austria at home in the last qualifying match in our group, when Forest are due in town.

I would prefer a saturday 1pm kick off to a friday night, it was a right pain in the arse having about 10 friday games last season, saturday is football day!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ June 27 2005,13:03)]Well if England take a large prtion of our squad for the game, then hopefully moving will be in order
tounge.gif
Yeah - to Austria!
biggrin.gif

Well, now we have lost our only international, it shouldn't be too much concern with regards to the full squad being available.

Presumably there will be a lot of Friday games announced like last year. I think it would be hard to argue that wasn't a success thinking back to some of the huge attendances.

It also allows for more concentration on Saturday's bets..

biggrin.gif

I would have thought the game will be moved to a Friday, if it were to be held on a Saturday I would have thought it'd be at 12 or 12.30pm.

I hope it's a friday though as I don't finish work 'till 12 on Saturdays.

Back