• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Oldham Athletic 1-1 Southend United

Three more wins should see us sorted. Seven points from losing positions in our last three. Do hope there's good news on Taylor/Kens soon, think we saw the amount of games getting to JD a bit today. Positive impact from Dackers again, doing all the right things. Next two look very winnable, that was our hardest game left on paper today. Decent point, especially given our record up north.

Travelled to the Netherlands to stream the match today, was that co commentator for real or were they doing a comedy northern caricature for us?
Eee oop lad. That was the most unique and weird co-commentating I've heard. He even went on about how good all the other commentators he works with are, for about 2 minutes, just as both teams were attacking. When it actually was pretty bad commentating, and made BBC Essex look Premier League in comparison.

That was a grind it out result, but well deserved. There were one or two mistakes at times, but that happens, and we were on our game enough that they couldn't get through us again after they scored. Collin once again showed what a good shot stopper he is and it was pleasing to see Cav getting more into his game as the match went on.

As @GBJ says, we are on the cusp of being a very good side and I'm really hopeful for next season. That said, we must finish this one first getting as high as possible n the table.

That was a grind it out result, but well deserved. There were one or two mistakes at times, but that happens, and we were on our game enough that they couldn't get through us again after they scored. Collin once again showed what a good shot stopper he is and it was pleasing to see Cav getting more into his game as the match went on.

As @GBJ says, we are on the cusp of being a very good side and I'm really hopeful for next season. That said, we must finish this one first getting as high as possible n the table.

I predict we’ll finish 9 points outside of the playoffs this season.

Decent point. If anyone deserved to win it was us. They did have some decent chances too though.

If we can get in one or two who can deliver a better final ball, we will be next seasons chesterfield.

Reactions: GBJ
We deserved at least a point from that. The tremendous support deserved a win too. Thought it was a good performance and a good game. Bridge particularly influential. Most played well. Need Kensdale/taylor back.

Not anticipating D1’s vlog until Sunday morning early doors- loyal Shrimper :LoyalSupporter: :Worthy:
Pffft. If Match of The Day can get theirs out by around 10:30 on a Saturday I'm expecting similar otherwise I'll take my viewing elsewhere.

Quickly searches for similar vloggers who follow Southend home and away....

Actually I can probably wait
:Happy:

Crossing was absolutely awful today from anyone trying on the left (which was 95%) of the time. Poor at any level - every cross (and set piece) was just floated aimlessly and high into the box.

Anyways. Huffed and puffed and felt like a leggy game, point is excellent really and keeps unbeaten run going.

Colin’s save was incredible. Their keepers from GSMs shot wasn’t too bad either. Prob a fair result which we may have just edged but as say, point was good.

Hi guys. Thought you deserved a point that save by your goalie first half was world class Good backing by the 400plus fans. Always one of the best sets of fans who visit I must apologise for the old guy on commentary who you had to listen to he is a club legend does it voluntarily I don’t think. We will ever say enough is enough Roy and as for mouldy old doh being played it’s been played every game since a promotion wining season when it was number one in 72 safe journey home shrimpers a fair result on the day

Hi guys. Thought you deserved a point that save by your goalie first half was world class Good backing by the 400plus fans. Always one of the best sets of fans who visit I must apologise for the old guy on commentary who you had to listen to he is a club legend does it voluntarily I don’t think. We will ever say enough is enough Roy and as for mouldy old doh being played it’s been played every game since a promotion wining season when it was number one in 72 safe journey home shrimpers a fair result on the day

From the current crop of playoff hopefuls, I’d say you lot should stroll it (on paper at least)

I hope so too. With you lot out of the way, that leaves us free to steamroll this ****e division next year.

Again today, another real good save off the line by Colin, I thought that was in.
I also prefer Ralph as opposed to bridge to have the ball down the wing, as Ralph will run down to the box and cross the ball as Bridge seems to stop and shimmy back and forth before crossing.
But I thought a point was a good result, ad both sides had some bloody good opportunities.

Back