• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Oldham Athletic (away) - Saturday 2nd March 3pm

Been to Oldham twice in the past.

Once when we had a relegation party, that was a bit odd.

And last season when it was a Tuesday night. Where it was much like this season, loads of the ball, didn't do much with it and ended up with a defeat.

Hopefully we will take good numbers. Thankfully, I'm working that day so I'm not faced with a dilemma.

Been to Oldham a few times in the past too including seeing Byrne miss a sitter in the first couple of minutes (and we lost & were relegated that season I think) and seeing Gary Richards sent off for a good tackle (but we still won 1-0 & the red card was withdrawn on appeal).

And seeing Peter Clarke play for them against us with Mooney & Payne for us. Fortuné was doing tricks in front of Peter & taking the p out of him so Peter just flattened him & took the yellow card. Very amusing.

In them olden days, wasn't it the highest league ground in the country?

Been to Oldham a few times in the past too including seeing Byrne miss a sitter in the first couple of minutes (and we lost & were relegated that season I think) and seeing Gary Richards sent off for a good tackle (but we still won 1-0 & the red card was withdrawn on appeal).

And seeing Peter Clarke play for them against us with Mooney & Payne for us. Fortuné was doing tricks in front of Peter & taking the p out of him so Peter just flattened him & took the yellow card. Very amusing.

In them olden days, wasn't it the highest league ground in the country?
It’s the second highest, West Brom is higher. I’ll be going it’s the closest ground to my house, 15 minutes up the road!

Tickets aren’t showing as available on the website?

not many sold so far, we will be buying 5 next week. guess some are waiting to see how the next two games go

I never really get that way of thinking if true, surely the team need you more if they aren't doing as well.
Totally agree, we go whether good or bad but agree the team needs us more than ever at the moment, some fans are fickle though

I'd go but the train fare is so expensive so will be missing this which is a shame.

Totally agree, we go whether good or bad but agree the team needs us more than ever at the moment, some fans are fickle though
Not sure I’d call anyone making a 500 mile round trip to Oldham fickle. Even if their decision on going is based on how well we play in the preceding games.

Not sure I’d call anyone making a 500 mile round trip to Oldham fickle. Even if their decision on going is based on how well we play in the preceding games.
Yes maybe that’s a bit unfair. Naturally if we were top we’d probably take twice as many as we will Saturday but the team does need our support more than ever. Our fan base has been nothing short of brilliant these last few years. But there will always be the hardcore that go regardless and those that pick and choose based on form, location or other reasons

I think we still took 200+ last time on a Tuesday night and I'd expect 500+ on a Saturday.

Back