• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oli Is Gonna Sign

1890-ARMY

Inside Info for you

Oli will sign for you either today or tomorrow.

But Stimmo is quoted as saying he wants at least six figure's for him...

Surely we havent offered that much.

Well, i hope not anyway.

rock.gif

It's what managers do isn't it. Think Barry Fry - Every one of his players is worth 500k according to him. Do they ever go for that?! No.

We'll give them a largish 5 figure some with loads of add on clauses suchas a fee for 30 appearance, a fee for promotion, a fee when he plays for England and a massive sell on clause I'd imagine.

i think the best signing southend could make would be hiring stimpson to run the youth team

Would have been a good call but we've just taken on Ricky Duncan again!!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ July 26 2005,13:01)]i think the best signing southend could make would be hiring stimpson to run the youth team
I've got a feeling that Stimpson is on as much money as Tilly, so don't think he would make the switch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CANV @ July 26 2005,13:01)]i think the best signing southend could make would be hiring stimpson to run the youth team
Better to make him a scout. No good having him anywhere near management because he does not know how to keep a successful side together.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (1890-ARMY @ July 26 2005,12:02)]Inside Info for you

Oli will sign for you either today or tomorrow.
'Inside'?. Are you a lag in Chelmsford nick or a football agent representing Oli?. Does your third cousin twice removed sleep with the bloke that owns the corner shop that sells bread to Grays Fc's cleaner or are you dangling a crystal over all non-league players names and getting a 'strong vibration' when it hovers over Oli?. The truth now! Come on, you are that man that buys the Evening Echo. No more hiding in the closet for you. Once the laughter dies down you will be able to rebuild your life with copious quantities of counselling and horse tablets.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ July 28 2005,11:04)]Presumably if hes in the Grays team on saturday we can pretty much count him out.
Though saying that. last year when we played Grays, didn't we face Freddy?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ July 28 2005,12:06)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ July 28 2005,11:04)]Presumably if hes in the Grays team on saturday we can pretty much count him out.
But even if we did, we weren't on the brink of signing him like we have been said to be regarding Oli.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (lucus @ July 28 2005,11:06)]
[b said:
We signed freddy in da middle of october and not at the start of the season

What can I say red herring

Fact are, Southend have sniffed around but the club are upset because it was Southend that leaked stories to the Echo. Grays are not happy at all

Back