• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is too easy to be fearing the worse, it will happen and I think 1st April is a likely start date.

According to Ron on 5 Live.

Didn't specify what year.

You missed it by a day!.............if only you had posted this yesterday, everyone was believing absolutely anything! :smile:
More seriously, it does actually feel that things are on the move and some say, even the economy is picking up. Anyway we shall see soon enough...........Spring is only a few months away. Happily, for the moment we can concentrate on the FA Cup, our push for promotion and the headache about which striker/s we should select.

A few years ago I would be excited by this but I have heard it so many times now. Until I see Ron Martin or Phil Brown with a shovel or in a digger on the FF site then I fail to get excited.

Ron should be an MP. He is as honest as the day is long and never sherks a question> :winking:

Actually, and I know this will be irksome to some on here, but Ron should have a statue erected to him. Fans should learn to appreciate him and applaud his endeavours. he has persevered and yet again we have a team to be proud off, some prospect and I fully believe in time we will have a shiny new stadium.

We are a basement club with a tired old lady for a stadium and more fair-weather, fickle fans than we have hard core supporters. There are no rich Sheiks or Russian oligarchs queuing up to take this club on and no genuine consortium that would publicly put its head over the parapet to 'save the day'.

RM may have had to ruffle feathers and juggle more than coco the clown but he has never veered from course and all his aspirations will come to roost and the fans will be delighted.

Actually, and I know this will be irksome to some on here, but Ron should have a statue erected to him. Fans should learn to appreciate him and applaud his endeavours. he has persevered and yet again we have a team to be proud off, some prospect and I fully believe in time we will have a shiny new stadium.

We are a basement club with a tired old lady for a stadium and more fair-weather, fickle fans than we have hard core supporters. There are no rich Sheiks or Russian oligarchs queuing up to take this club on and no genuine consortium that would publicly put its head over the parapet to 'save the day'.

RM may have had to ruffle feathers and juggle more than coco the clown but he has never veered from course and all his aspirations will come to roost and the fans will be delighted.

This place has changed guys....

FFIW, I heard from a couple of people who should know something that there was positive news on the way regarding FF and that March could be interesting. I'm as sceptical as anyone, but maybe this time????

He has already failed though.

He promised we would be an established championship club in a 22000 seater stadium when we were in league 1 by now.

Currently we are lower down the pyramid than when he first made the statement and in more debt with only promise of a 3 sided stadium which is yet to even start.

said in the interview that the tender process is done, asked my Dad about this (works at a shopfitting/joinery company) and this means that the contractors to do the work have been chosen (in case anyone didn't know)... so maybe he could be telling the truth this time (runs and puts tin hat on) :blush:

"On site in the spring"....

When diggers get digging then I will believe and not before.

This really is getting tedious.

Back