• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

On the pitch?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 29 2005,12:35)]Incidentally, the PFA Website's tipster fancies us tomorrow...

wow.gif
suspect.gif

Clarky's League Two Preview Selection

James - what are the prices with your lot...?

Matt
Mr. the Shrimp, I thought you would have known better than to post something like that!

Matt_SUFC, Iam sure Bury playing at home to Swansea, S***thrope is away to Shrewsbury on last game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 29 2005,12:49)]Mr. the Shrimp, I thought you would have known better than to post something like that!
Ah, but I'm not tempting fate because I haven't endorsed his opinion. Indeed, quite the opposite, given the smileys used...

wink.gif

I doubt the club would get in much trouble if we did run onto the pitch. Its not like we do it all the time. There'd probably be a stiff telling off, but talk of a fine in these circumstances is scare-mongering imo.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rusty Lee @ April 29 2005,12:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ April 29 2005,11:40)]i'm sure if yeovil were at home they would run on. It's been so long since we've celebrated something, if people start running on we might as well join them.
Im sure if Yeovil win tomorrow they will be on the pitch.

Doesnt even bare thinking about.
After the Derby shambles I'm firmly against pitch invasions, especially when the ground is bursting with 12,000 odd souls who are desperate for a bit of success.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shoebury_shrimper @ April 28 2005,23:15)]Think we will go onto the hallowed turf if we get promotion on sat....i for one will be  
biggrin.gif
What exactly will this acheive?  It's only a lump of grass - grow up for goodness sake. Players scarper down the tunnel not to be seen again.  Far better if everyone stays in their seats and the players can do a lap of honour LDV style.

In any case, I can't see promotion being secured tomorrow.  All the part-time moaner "fans" will be out in force - heaven help the team if we're not 2 up in 10 minutes.  I think this extra weight of expectation will tip the balance towards Yeovil.  Not looking forward to tomorrow at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ April 29 2005,12:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 29 2005,12:49)]Mr. the Shrimp, I thought you would have known better than to post something like that!
Ah, but I'm not tempting fate because I haven't endorsed his opinion.  Indeed, quite the opposite, given the smileys used...

wink.gif
Good, just so we're clear, you are not expecting a win then?!

One of my freinds is planing to do a streak on the pitch ,the only problem is hes got a ticket in the south upper,not sure how he is going to get on the pitch,but he is really up for it (lets hope that is the only thing up).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 29 2005,14:12)]One of my freinds is planing to do a streak on the pitch ,the only problem is hes got a ticket in the south upper,not sure how he is going to get on the pitch,but he is really up for it (lets hope that is the only thing up).
If he makes his way to behind the goal in the SU we can throw him over the top. I am sure he will land on the pitch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ April 29 2005,13:03)]I doubt the club would get in much trouble if we did run onto the pitch. Its not like we do it all the time. There'd probably be a stiff telling off, but talk of a fine in these circumstances is scare-mongering imo.
After the supporter running on the pitch & attacking the linesman a couple of months ago there is every chance the club would get fined.

I suggest everybody grows up & enjoys the moment - whatever the outcome.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ April 29 2005,13:09)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shoebury_shrimper @ April 28 2005,23:15)]Think we will go onto the hallowed turf if we get promotion on sat....i for one will be  
biggrin.gif
What exactly will this acheive?  It's only a lump of grass - grow up for goodness sake.  Players scarper down the tunnel not to be seen again.  Far better if everyone stays in their seats and the players can do a lap of honour LDV style.

In any case, I can't see promotion being secured tomorrow.  All the part-time moaner "fans" will be out in force - heaven help the team if we're not 2 up in 10 minutes.  I think this extra weight of expectation will tip the balance towards Yeovil.  Not looking forward to tomorrow at all.
Having a bad day?!
rock.gif

Enjoyment has to be the key tomorrow - grown up or not. We haven't been this successful for so long we all want to enjoy the moment win, lose or draw. This doesn't mean running on the pitch necessarily but if so, and it happens in the heat of the moment, then so be it.

Let's roar the boys on and enjoy the day.

Potential promotion/championship winning for us with fans celebrating on the pitch on the final home game of the season will result in no serious charges to the club.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SW17 Blue @ April 29 2005,14:45)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif
What exactly will this acheive?  It's only a lump of grass - grow up for goodness sake.  Players scarper down the tunnel not to be seen again.  Far better if everyone stays in their seats and the players can do a lap of honour LDV style.

Having a bad day?!  
rock.gif

Enjoyment has to be the key tomorrow - grown up or not. We haven't been this successful for so long we all want to enjoy the moment win, lose or draw. This doesn't mean running on the pitch necessarily but if so, and it happens in the heat of the moment, then so be it.

Potential promotion/championship winning for us with fans celebrating on the pitch on the final home game of the season will result in no serious charges to the club.
Nope, having an ok day
biggrin.gif

Running on to the pitch is not a "heat of the moment" thing. Takes quite a few seconds to get on to the pitch.

As for enjoying the day, exactly! We ALL want to enjoy the day, not just the few morons that go on the pitch and thereby prevent a lap of honour that we can ALL enjoy.

A very bold statement saying that going on the pitch will result in no charges against the clun. I dare say that most going on the pitch would behave themselves but picture the scene: we've won, Yeovil fans well ****ed off, pitch invasion, chavs in the West Stand bating the Yeovil fans from the North Bank penalty area (highly likely). Recipe for trouble if you ask me. Why take the chance, especially bearing in mind the previous from the Mansfield game.

Would as many people want to go on the pitch if they were personally faced with the fine? That might be the case if it was just one or two but a mass pitch invasion would almost certainly result in an F.A. fine in order to avoid setting a precedent that it is acceptable.

Does it really make that much difference whether you are stood in the stands or on a rectangle of grass? Leave the pitch to the players who've done the business on it all season and let them have their lap of honour - they deserve it.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Upminster Blue @ April 29 2005,15:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SW17 Blue @ April 29 2005,14:45)]
[b said:
[b said:
biggrin.gif

Having a bad day?!  
rock.gif

Nope, having an ok day  
biggrin.gif

Running on to the pitch is not a "heat of the moment" thing.  Takes quite a few seconds to get on to the pitch.

As for enjoying the day, exactly!  We ALL want to enjoy the day, not just the few morons that go on the pitch and thereby prevent a lap of honour that we can ALL enjoy.

A very bold statement saying that going on the pitch will result in no charges against the clun.  I dare say that most going on the pitch would behave themselves but picture the scene: we've won, Yeovil fans well ****ed off, pitch invasion, chavs in the West Stand bating the Yeovil fans from the North Bank penalty area (highly likely).  Recipe for trouble if you ask me.  Why take the chance, especially bearing in mind the previous from the Mansfield game.
I agree it's a risk, and certainly won't be leading the charge, but would be amazed if the club were faulted - except of course if there was any disorder...

Which is the point I guess, and maybe my head has been fuzzied by the sun, but I'd forgetten the element of support you mentioned! So if there was ever an occasion we should turn up purely and simply to support the team, this is it. Let's forget everything that happened at Oxford, who we'd rather have in goal or in midfield, tomorrow is for about Southend United.

I'm so excited it hurts.

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 29 2005,14:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ April 29 2005,13:03)]I doubt the club would get in much trouble if we did run onto the pitch. Its not like we do it all the time. There'd probably be a stiff telling off, but talk of a fine in these circumstances is scare-mongering imo.
After the supporter running on the pitch & attacking the linesman a couple of months ago there is every chance the club would get fined.

I suggest everybody grows up & enjoys the moment - whatever the outcome.
The FA aren't going to fine the club if a few fans peacefully encrouch onto the pitch to celebrate their first top ten fiinish in a decade and more importantly their first promotion after seven years in the basement division during which time they almost went out of business. Thats just not going to happen.

I don't much care one way or another. Only place I'll be invading if we go up is the bar.

I wont be entering the pitch, I wanna celebrate the season with the players' doing a lap of honour which has become the norm under Tilson.

Quick question, do players tend to throw their shirts into the crowd after the last game of the season. I always stay for the lap of honour but shot straight after that and my mate reckons some of the players come back on and chuck shirts, shorts etc.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SW17 Blue @ April 29 2005,15:38)]I'd forgetten the element of support you mentioned!
Yes, and they're the problem. I've seen several so called "friendly" pitch invasions over the years turning very sour because of a handful of idiots.

My pessimism for tomorrow (and bearing in mind I'm naturally pessimistic - makes following Southend slightly more bearable
biggrin.gif
) is borne out of what could go wrong/annoy me - the one-game a season moaners getting on the players backs, pitch invasions leading to trouble, frustrations being taken out on the team if we don't get the right result etc. Unfortunately these are all familiar scenarios from past big games. It's crucial, as you say, that everybody gets behind the time for the full 90 minutes otherwise we'll be giving Yeovil a headstart, which is what I fear.

Theres a lot of negativity around here.

Chin up, guys. Come on, if we win our next two games we win the league. And if we don't then we go into the play offs and we'd have all taken that at Christmas.

Back