• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane On this day

My mate, also a shrimper convinced me that we should also follow a premier league team.

With this in mind, I chose Chelsea on this day and they lost at home to Norwich and an Efan Ekoku 92nd minute winner. Chelsea were relegation fodder pre Ambramovich.

As we were walking out, I heard Southend 6 Oxford 1.

Never missed a game again.

For context, we were 15 at the time.

My mate, also a shrimper convinced me that we should also follow a premier league team.

With this in mind, I chose Chelsea on this day and they lost at home to Norwich and an Efan Ekoku 92nd minute winner. Chelsea were relegation fodder pre Ambramovich.

Ah! the harsh lessons of youth 😉

Known to Norwich fans as Efan Useless

52 years ago today Southend were away to Colchester . About 60 Leigh Com had gone up in the afternoon for the evening game , About a dozen of us travelled up later bunking all the way to Colchester . Arriving in Colchester the platford was full of old bill with dogs , as we never had any tickets we jumped back on the train and jumped out the otherside . We had managed to climb over the fence by the time the train pulled away and we all gave the police a wave and set of to the ground Arriving at the ground about quarter past seven . As alway the Colchester end was rammed with Southend supporters . The game kicked off with Southend kicking towards the Southend supporters , after a couple of minutes the ref stopped the game as a couple of bangers had been thrown at the Colchester goalkeeper Graham Smith . It came over on the loudspeaker if the ref had to stop the game again he would call the game off . George Duck and Peter Hunt both played instead of King Billy and Gary Moore who were both out injured , and they were both badly missed . Colchester scored in the second half to win 1-0 . The train was stopped by the old bill on the way back because a toilet was seen to be thrown out the window . Arriving back home plans were being made for the Brentford game the following Saturday . Great Memories , Great Times Greate Mates .

Back