• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

One out of 3 will do...

fbm

Blue tinted optimistā­
From the Echo

Tilly has a shortlist of 3 (unnamed) strikers and is meeting one for the first time this week for talks.
Getting a new man in up front is his no 1 priority and is all he is currently thinking about.

AFTER the striker situation has been resolved, he will look at other players, including a winger.

Duds and his agent are away on holiday so no further talks have been possible with him.

Sounds good to me. We are in desperate need for another forward.

Take it it didn't say anything about being interested in a full back or a centre half.

Tilson has said he's not intrested in mitchell cole, but likes danny thomas who was released from Boston. I thought we could do better than him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (scamps @ June 28 2005,12:22)]Tilson has said he's not intrested in mitchell cole, but likes danny thomas who was released from Boston. I thought we could do better than him.
I wouldnt set too much stall by the fact that he was released from Boston... knowing their tactics (right up there with their neighbours in Lincoln), he may have been released for possessing too much ability, or trying to play 'tippy-tappy' football (i.e. passing).

upside.gif
biggrin.gif

Danny Thomas would not be a bad signing. He has bags of pace and has the confidence to go past his marker. Would like to see us sign a big striker, whether it is our main signing or another. It just gives us another dimension if trying to chase a game. A player in the Drewe mould would be good, but better! (He is a hero of mine, but I am just aware of his limitations!)

Its a shame that Tilly is not a woman. My Mrs reckons that all females can multi-task. It appears poor Tilly can only deal with one situation at a time. Concentrating on a striker seems a popular idea but as he has admitted not too much is going on at the moment and its a shame he can't deal with other transfer business at the same time. Sarcasm aside, I find the whole statement incredible. Is he saying it depends on which striker signs as to how much will be left in the war chest for other acquisitions? Possibly, but thats not good budgeting. He should know his targets, what he has to spend and how far the money is going to go. Is he saying that he would be quite happy to start the new campaign with the existing squad plus one striker and that other players can wait? Hope not. I don't think that the forward line is the only area that needs some attention for Lg 1. Could it be there is another underlying reason yet to surface? Perhaps some of you might like to speculate.
rock.gif

Back