• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Always a Shrimper

Schoolboy
Since 1st January 2013 we have had only 4 wins in the league. (5 with cup)

Lost 10

Drawn 8

Relegation form for a team signed by Paul Sturrock.

But for some of you, he is now a great man, as he drinks in a pub with supporters. And you already hate Phil Brown who has never signed any of them !

Unbeliveable.

Lost 10

Drawn 8

But for some of you, he is now a great man, as he drinks in a pub with supporters. And you already hate Chris Brown who has never signed any of them !

Unbeliveable.

Agree with you here, but whats Chris Brown the american song artist gotta do with it :winking:

I'm guessing we can forget the 2 and a half years in charge and just remember him for the last bit. Shall we do the same with every other manager and player we had?

Or perhaps we could celebrate his achievements instead.....

Ummm

I guess turning our club from a complete mess to competing for promotion and taking us to a first Wembley final would be the minimal requirement. I'd happily be proven wrong, but I don't think Brown is the man to take us up.

Lost 10

Drawn 8

But for some of you, he is now a great man, as he drinks in a pub with supporters. And you already hate Phil Brown who has never signed any of them !

Unbeliveable.

The far more relevant statistic is we've still only won twice since Timlin broke his leg at Barry Hearn's apartment complex.

I guess turning our club from a complete mess to competing for promotion and taking us to a first Wembley final would be the minimal requirement. I'd happily be proven wrong, but I don't think Brown is the man to take us up.

The problem with the "Wembley Final" was it was in the wrong competition.

The whole team was cleaned out before Sturrock arrived and he was given the freedom to bring in whoever he wanted and who he felt he could work with. He had nothing to worry about in terms of changing room ego's, or if he did, it is his fault because he brought that to the club.

@TBVSUFC

Ron Martin took control of Southend in 2001. We finished 12th in the bottom tier. 12 years on we are 12th in the bottom tier.

Prior to last night's shambles did anybody actually believe that a team with form such as ours has been in 2013 was suddenly going to turn in 4-5 wins on the bounce. At least now the play-off talk is over they can begin the preparations for next season with no pressure on the players, they can just go and perform and stake a claim for a part in the new managers plans. If they care to be in said plans that is!

Prior to last night's shambles did anybody actually believe that a team with form such as ours has been in 2013 was suddenly going to turn in 4-5 wins on the bounce. At least now the play-off talk is over they can begin the preparations for next season with no pressure on the players, they can just go and perform and stake a claim for a part in the new managers plans. If they care to be in said plans that is!
Some on here want success straight away

@TBVSUFC

Ron Martin took control of Southend in 2001. We finished 12th in the bottom tier. 12 years on we are 12th in the bottom tier.

And likely to finish the season lower.........................................

Some on here want success straight away

Well i don't think there is anything inherently wrong with wanting success after all we are not just idly supporting a club but investing in it through attending matches, buying merchandise, etc. It's only natural to be eager for that success sooner rather than later. Just think we should be a bit more measured in our expectations sometimes. Lets hope the summer break and next season delivers an upturn in form and fortunes for the club. We can but live in hope.

The problem with the "Wembley Final" was it was in the wrong competition.

The whole team was cleaned out before Sturrock arrived and he was given the freedom to bring in whoever he wanted and who he felt he could work with. He had nothing to worry about in terms of changing room ego's, or if he did, it is his fault because he brought that to the club.

Of course, having virtually the entire team **** off because of unpaid wages was an advantage. :facepalm:

Lost 10

Drawn 8

Unbeliveable.

Spot on....:thumbsup:

The same people who worship Mohsni because he poses for pictures and signs autographs. They forget the fact he never peforms in big games (FACT) and that he cost us time and time again.

Give Brown a chance

Back