• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Only fools and Horses vs The Office

Only Fools and Horses or The Office?

If you had to take only one of these series' to a desert island which one would you choose and why?

I'd take David Brent and co without a doubt as it's the funniest comedy to come out since OF&H but it surpasses it for characterisation, visual gags, script and joke per minute ratio.

" I'm not orthodox, i don't live by 'the rule book'.....
live fast die young, NO, live fast die old...."
laugh.gif

The Office... but probably because it's fresher at the moment. I'm almost sick to the back teeth of BBC Prime showing endless repeates of Fawlty Towers, Blackadder, OF&Horses etc.

I'm sure it won't take them long to do the same with The Office.

Only Fools & Horses for me!

if only to be argumentative...
wink.gif

The characterisation is excellent. Del-Boy, a real jack-the-lad. Rodders, constantly put upon. Grandad, not a fragile as he looks. Trigger, what a w**ker!

classics like this just don't come around too often... but of course, if you don't like watching them over and over, there are 300,000 other channels to watch!
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 14 2004,09:42)]... but of course, if you don't like watching them over and over, there are 300,000 other channels to watch!
tounge.gif
And they are all rubbish.

Defo fools and horses, the one on last night on uk gold was a classic with the Tom Jones impersonator who had a lisp.

Seen it about 50 times and it still manages to crack me up, personally 'the jolly boys outing' episode is my all time favourite as it has nearly every character in it at some point.

Both!

Although i tink if i was on a desert island, David Brent, although i can't really decide.

'I don't do it for the thank you,or for the laughs or for the wisdom, i do it so that one day someone will go, there goes David Brent, i must remember to thank him'

biggrin.gif

OF&H for me without a doubt.

I'm sure no-one really knows why they find The Office funny and I'm also sure it's just the trendy thing to do (akin to voting for New Labour I suppose). I fail to find it remotely amusing.

Trigger Happy TV - now THAT was funny.

It's a close one

but based on the logic of the dilmena I would take OFAH as there are only 14 episodes of the Office ever made and I would go pretty stir crazy within a few weeks whereas there must be a good 100+ episodes of OFAH to fall back on!
tounge.gif

Its gotta be the Office, its a classic.

1) The Office
2) Little Britain
3) Peter Kay's Phoenix Nights.

1. Only Fools and Horses.
2. Minder.
3. Phoenix Nights.

Only Fools just edges it though or Arthur and Terry.
biggrin.gif

Tough choice I love both, but I'll go for Only Fools and Horses merely because it made far more episodes whereas the Office only made 12.

Back