• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THat depends on the type and class of the players PB brings into the club, im pretty sure he has already sussed players out ,but couldnt act on it as he didnt know what league SUFC would be playing in next season, but you can be sure come Monday morning it will be down to work for PB and his staff. Pretty sure the talent scout has already given him a list of potential recruits to look at too.

A proven striker coming in and we could get promoted again and that is realistic. Mid table for one season would be okay. Looking forward to Millwall, Coventry and Sheffield particularly. Bring it on whatever:smile:

1. You lot were lucky
2. On penalties you were lucky!
3. 6000 more fans than wycombe and they still made more noise than you!
You'll struggle next year, straight back down 2nd from bottom my prediction!
Good luck

1. You lot were lucky
Good luck

Enjoy another season in League 2 :finger:

29kuvwz.jpg

The higher level might suit our style of play better and PB can now bring some strength in key areas into the squad.

Must keep hold of Dan and hopefully we can get one more season out of AB. His influence has been a huge factor in the run-in and he reads the game so well that any lack of pace makes up for that.

I'd like to see a sharper more clinical striker up top, but apart from that and some cover in a couple of areas, particularly at right and left back, the rest will be fine.

Maybe the higher level will allow Jack to play with more freedom, as I don't think teams will come to RH and defend in numbers as much as they do in League 2.

It's no coincidence that we play better when teams play higher up and with more adventure against us - Wycombe and Newport at home being the best examples.

1. You lot were lucky
Good luck

I always take this sort of post as a compliment. It means the poster is hurting a lot and their side lost. Not much else to say really.

THat depends on the type and class of the players PB brings into the club, im pretty sure he has already sussed players out ,but couldnt act on it as he didnt know what league SUFC would be playing in next season, but you can be sure come Monday morning it will be down to work for PB and his staff. Pretty sure the talent scout has already given him a list of potential recruits to look at too.

Virtually every player and agent goes on holiday starting this week so I can say for sure that very little will happen for a month unless the club have already agreed it.

That also depends if PB is the one bringing new players in. His quote, straight after the game, sounded like a come and get me advert. "I've got ambitions and those ambitions remain, I want to have a stab at the Premier League again," said Brown.

On way back yesterday was talking bout who if we have money to spend we'd like to see us go after, realistic signings.
Reuben Reid - test the water by seeing if we can tempt him with league 1 football.
Redshaw - tricky player looked very good
Billy Bingham - ball player looks very tidy and sweet left foot
Dembele - decent centre half, released so would be freebie

1. You lot were lucky
Good luck
Wat a prize prick!!!!!!:hilarious:

So, the original question was "Where do you think we'll realistically finish?"

It's an interesting one and probably worth putting off until we're rebuilt and set for the new season. But you have to feel that our style of play is better suited for a League that's less likely to park the bus against us. We're no longer the big boys - in fact quite the opposite. There's definitely going to be a step up in quality so all-in-all, does mid-table and consolidation represent a valid target for achievement?

So, the original question was "Where do you think we'll realistically finish?"

It's an interesting one and probably worth putting off until we're rebuilt and set for the new season. But you have to feel that our style of play is better suited for a League that's less likely to park the bus against us. We're no longer the big boys - in fact quite the opposite. There's definitely going to be a step up in quality so all-in-all, does mid-table and consolidation represent a valid target for achievement?

Certainly not. I think we should commit to new players, vastly increased wages, Fossets Farm built and progression to the Championship, and maybe administration the season after next, that would be the icing on the cake.

We have to start with a good defensive four - Coker and White are good enough for Division 3 but let us not forget that for much of the season we have had an ever changing central defensive pairing. We need to get this right and they need to be players who can carry the ball and link up with the midfield.

Thereafter the midfielders we have are good but I do feel we are missing a more creative and tricky player to add to the mix.

We all know we need some fresh blood up front.

I don't think the club needs a mass clear out but we do need some better quality players to add to the squad if we are to thrive next season.

We have to start with a good defensive four - Coker and White are good enough for Division 3 but let us not forget that for much of the season we have had an ever changing central defensive pairing. We need to get this right and they need to be players who can carry the ball and link up with the midfield.

Thereafter the midfielders we have are good but I do feel we are missing a more creative and tricky player to add to the mix.

We all know we need some fresh blood up front.

I don't think the club needs a mass clear out but we do need some better quality players to add to the squad if we are to thrive next season.
This is spot on. Goalkeeper (provided Dan stays) we're definitely good enough, full backs are both good enough though could do with a bit more cover, central midfield I think we're good enough.

Think we could do with another Worrall type winger who can play on the left, maybe even McLoughlin, to add some pace and skill to our attack. Recently it's been too much down one side and it's too predictable for that level.

At centre back I think we need some new faces and a solid pairing that can last most of the season. I see Thompson and Barrett playing more of a back up role, Bolger might be one of the starters but we need a first team quality player in that position.

Up front it's all been said before. Pigott would be good, but think we need possibly even up to 3 new strikers, Williams won't be ready yet if retained, meaning we only really have Corr. A pacey forward would be nice.

I've seen Bristol City play a few times this season and they ran away with the league but they were very very good. It'll be a real challenge but an exciting one and with the right additions I can see us doing alright.

We've seen it before with promoted teams who carry momentum in to the following season (look at the likes of Chesterfield this season, even ourselves of course last time we got won the play offs) they can have a good season and even make the play offs again.

It was interesting this morning to hear Phil Brown on Sky Sports News say that he has his eyes on a few high quality players, capable of playing at higher levels. Whether he means players who are being released this summer or maybe even a couple of loan moves (though this soon in to the summer I wouldn't have thought many clubs would know which players they'd let leave on loan).

Proving Dan stays with young Ted as backup we are strong enough in the goalkeeping department. Full backs are good enough to make the step up though I'd like to see some backup brought in so we don't have to use Ryan Leonard as a full back when needed.

I think we need a goal scorer despite BBBC efforts this season. That said every club will be looking for a front man who'll bag them 15, 20 plus a season. Having been promoted though I wouldn't mind us taking a punt on Jake Cassidy who has proved himself to be a willing worker and has scored goals at League One level with Tranmere couple years back.

1. You lot were lucky
Good luck
Misread your screen name though it said christethenob more appropriate I think

1. You lot were lucky
Good luck

Answers to questions that nobody asked. Enjoy League 2 next year.

Back