• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Open Letter To BBC ESSEX

Well they have lost one viewer. I only ever listened to BBC essex for the match commentary. Apart from that, its radio 1 all the way!

That's a disgrace. I'm glued to the radio every away day listening to the Blues, thanks for ruining my saturday afternoons BBC Essex.

Is it just us or Col Ewe aswell? If they broadcast ColEweScum and not us I'll be even more ****ed off.

On a saturday afternoon or midweek evening when they Blues are away I always make sure i'm beside a radio with BBC Essex on listening to their excellent coverage of Southend. Maybe if they didn't cover F*^%ing West Ham who aren't even an essex team they could still afford to cover us. Bunch of idiots.

That's a disgrace. I'm glued to the radio every away day listening to the Blues, thanks for ruining my saturday afternoons BBC Essex.

Is it just us or Col Ewe aswell? If they broadcast ColEweScum and not us I'll be even more ****ed off.

On a saturday afternoon or midweek evening when they Blues are away I always make sure i'm beside a radio with BBC Essex on listening to their excellent coverage of Southend. Maybe if they didn't cover F*^%ing West Ham who aren't even an essex team they could still afford to cover us. Bunch of idiots.

Neither are Dagenham and Redbridge an Essex team.

At least Col Ewe are off the commentary aswell. I can only imagine it's a cost-cutting exercise. Hopefully, the gardening programme and the Country and Western will continue for all the millions of enthusiasts there are to those pastimes. :(

Would you all like a world-famous letter from Matt the Shrimp to the radio station informing them how, through the media of ShrimperZone.Com, we inform our fans round the world of events happening at away matches by locals listening to their broadcasts and passing on the information ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you all like a world-famous letter from Matt the Shrimp to the radio station informing them how, through the media of ShrimperZone FC, we inform our fans round the world of events happening at away matches by locals listening to their broadcasts and passing on the information ?

yeah why not

Regarding NO live coverage of away games this season!!!

get your views in people then we can send it off to the station!

Could you ask if I could do a nature/local history program instead of the football?

I quite like the idea of doing something like 'Out of town'.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the club were asking for any money off BBC Essex for this season?

Im gutted about this. Loved listening to the away games i couldnt make on the radio!

Does anyone know if the club were asking for any money off BBC Essex for this season?

Im gutted about this. Loved listening to the away games i couldnt make on the radio!

I think think bbc essex do have to pay, but it's not just us, it's Col Ewe aswell, they're matches aren't being done live either.

This is one instance when Blues fans & Colchester fans should work together to try get this awful decision overturned.

i used to enjoy the 1 oclock gardening show ....an there also used to be a programmme playing old 78 records.......which kinda gave me a flavour of memories walking the pier.....this is not good news for our house bound fans my mum bless her listens in, every game....has not got a pc.....shes practically blind....they are the type of fans who will miss out here...

I've always sang along to the BBC Essex jingle as BBC $hitface - for seemingly no apparent reason other than it scans. Now I can see why I have always done that.

About time they got rid of that annoying **** Buxton too. What does he know about anything? All their presenters have been on there since Marconi first twiddled his knobs. John Hayes, Harry Monk, Steve Scrotum.

I've always sang along to the BBC Essex jingle as BBC $hitface - for seemingly no apparent reason other than it scans. Now I can see why I have always done that.

About time they got rid of that annoying **** Buxton too. What does he know about anything? All their presenters have been on there since Marconi first twiddled his knobs. John Hayes, Harry Monk, Steve Scrotum.

he is actually a very nice bloke :punch:,

and don't worry he retires in the next couple of months

Back