• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Keep it going in the play offs boys hope you come up to join us, I really thought our young lads were down and out but very happy to be proved wrong!

Well, rivalry aside, well done to your team. They pulled out the performance, unlikely as it was, when the chips were down and showed genuine bottle. Preston being the last game and so crucial must have been terrifying.

Im not gonna say well done as I wanted them to go down..... can we stop saying well done to Colchester please

(as you can tell im still in a right huff about yesterday)

Basically Preston did a repeat of us yesterday started off ok and as time went on and the pressure grew they rushed their play and became more desperate as gaps grew at the other end Colchester like Morecombe took advantage of the space.
Some real sad Preston fans on the telly just like we were totally fed up yesterday it can happen to others as well.
Its about us now as I really thought we would be missing Colchester next year by going in opposite directions.
I don't agree with all this Col Ewe love but fair play to them they did it the correct way... now lads we need to be in the same division as Col U where we belong and resume our proper local derby.
So in the play offs don't play gun ho keep to the game plan win hard like we have so many times this season by the odd goal keep it tight stick to the plan lads.

3rd season in a row Col Ewe have escaped relegation on the last day, gotta be a couple of quid on them going down next time.

Tough league 1 next season some cracking teams in it mostly northern teams like us (Bury) see you next season hopefully be a summer fixture or a bank holiday like this season great night out Southend! see u at Gigg and roots

Think we will be stronger next season, the young lads will be more experienced the out of favour experienced players like Watt Clohessy, Ibehre etc will be gone, releasing more cash for new experienced signings, mid table awaits I feel.

Your have managed to escape the drop on 3 times now you have got jam on your side .You cant even say there is anything good about your side .The only time your team was any good was when they was in the conference . If your lucky you might just scrape relegation again next season .

we should all want ESSEX teams to do well and yes Leyton is (or was) in ESSEX had an County cricket down the road from Brisbane rd.

They used to be Clapton Orient, where I was born, sad days:'(:'(:'(

Your have managed to escape the drop on 3 times now you have got jam on your side .You cant even say there is anything good about your side .The only time your team was any good was when they was in the conference . If your lucky you might just scrape relegation again next season .
Tommy our club are going through a transitional period. Switching from buying players in to creating our own young players through the academy this is now showing promise but these lads need time, this season was make or break and they have come through. Providing we can keep the majority of them we will be stronger next season, it is not jam but a determined group of young players giving all they can it is experience they lack and thats all. Your right I don't say too much on here about how good the team is you wouldn't expect to see me do that on your message board. Good luck in the play offs.

I kept getting royally confused watching Col Ewe v PNE on Sky yesterday. Every time the Director decided to do a cut-away shot of the Home suppirters confined in their one end I thought my wife had switched channels and we were watching The Undateables.
Ha ha CCC one end and one and a half sides actually, but undateables, you are probably 70% correct!

Back