• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
Hi all, just keeping you all in the loop. You have seen me drumming on about us having to move sites long enough.

Before the new season starts we will have a new site, no longer a vBulletin site but an upgraded new one to Xenforo who are based in the UK and are lead by a guy who built vB a long time ago before striking out on his own. He knew the pitfalls of vB long before anybody.

The test site is here if you want to look. http://www.shrimperzone.com/xenforo/index.php

So we already have the test site up and running and will be making the change as peaceful as possible for members. It will take time for us to get everything right,it is a minefield for us, but we are working on it.

Look and feel from a user perspective is very similar.

I have only browsed a few of the pages, and it seems simple enough to navigate.

I did however log in, and then I see the following message:

Your account has not been confirmed and is not yet active! To become a registered user on this forum (required for posting or accessing special features) you will need to verify your email address by clicking a special link sent to you in our original welcome email. If you have lost this email, or it never arrived, please go here to request another activation email be sent to you. If you suspect your email address is set wrong, go here and fill the form out so an administrator can fix your account. Also please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that this and all future messages can reach you.

I suspect that all current users will be migrated to the new platform(as appears to have happened in the Test region), but will we have to verify our email addresses? or will this only be for new users once the new platform is live? Interestingly, despite the message I was able to reply to one of the RSS feed threads..

You can't log in.....It is a TEST site. Not live at all...Everything will be migrated at the time we change

Yes, echo the sentiments above, looks nice and clean and simple to navigate - nice one

I did log in,with my existing zone details, I selected the log in tab, a new dialog box appeared, I entered my details and logged in. My avatar and username were then displayed at the top right hand side of the page...

If if you would like I will try and take some screen shots to illustrate?

I did log in,with my existing zone details, I selected the log in tab, a new dialog box appeared, I entered my details and logged in. My avatar and username were then displayed at the top right hand side of the page...

I logged in too

I understand its a test site and that the data was cut from the existing site on a particular date, and then migrated for Testing.. but, certainly appears as if i logged in...

SSTest1.jpg
SSTest2.jpg
SSTest3.jpg
SSTest4.jpg

Back