• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SouthLondonShrimper

Youth Team
I wonder how many of us actually thought we'd finish in the top half of the table when the season began? have we as fans got carried away by the period of good results we had towards the end of the year and early part of this year?

it its arguable that Wycombe deserved to be promoted off the back of the play off final and considering the size and quality in the squad, I think we've done fairly well.

Everyone knows its the 2nd season in any division that begins the shape the direction any club is headed so it'll be interesting to see how the pre-season pans out in terms of the uncertainty around Phil Brown and the core players in the squad who are up for contract renewals.

As I said in the match thread, since Christmas we've had relegation form. 22 points from 20 games equates to 50/51 points if replicated over an entire season. Perhaps enough to stay up but far too close for comfort.

I'd like to think our early season form shows that the players are capable of better. I'm happy with 13th place overall but I'd be far happier if we'd improved as the season progressed rather than the opposite.

One things for sure, we need to improve before the start of next season, otherwise a season of struggling at the wrong end of the table awaits.

Last edited:
As I said in the match thread since Christmas we've had relegation form. 22 points from 20 games equates to 50/51 points if replicated over an entire season. Perhaps enough to stay up but far too close for comfort.

I'd like to think our early season form shows that the players are capable of better. I'm happy with 13th place overall but I'd be far happier if we'd improved as the season progressed rather than the opposite.

One things for sure, we need to improve before the start of next season, otherwise a season of struggling at the wrong end of the table awaits.

You've said we've had relegation form on every match thread since xmas? :unsure:

Bit repetitive, are you mrsblue in disguise :winking:

Back