• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
Over the years I have seen threads suggesting we find a songto be played before home games and adopted as our very own love song ; )
So if perhaps the most played song on UK radio stations over the last 50 years was written, played and sung by a Southend man in a band originally from Southend...it would seem a contender.
A Whiter Shade Of Pale is officially the number 1 record for radio plays, beating the Beatles et all...and Southend written, Southend sung.

I enjoyed the sing-along to 'Twist and Shout' at a recent home game. Other teams use that song so not that exactly but a classic catchy tune with little to no relevance to the football club but that we can adopt would be fun.

Ho,ho,hold tight won't cha hold tight, Hold tight
Fododododo Yacka sacki
want some seafood Mama
Shrimpers a-hand ri-hice a-hare very nice

"Hold Tight, Hold Tight" Lyrics
The Andrews Sisters

Cricko remembers them, they used to keep his pecker up during the war.

And then of course there's 'Blue' sung and written about following Southend by Southend fan Alison Moyet. Not seen her at The Hall for ages. With the upturn of form and more attractive football, I hope she comes back.

[video=youtube;0867HGZVzrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0867HGZVzrY[/video]

For me its Story of the Blues, Do anything you wanna do , or Blue by Alison Moyet.

Although "sing a long a catchy" could be achieved by The Kursaal Flyers "Little does she know" , for which the words could be adapted for a terrace song too

Over the years I have seen threads suggesting we find a songto be played before home games and adopted as our very own love song ; )
So if perhaps the most played song on UK radio stations over the last 50 years was written, played and sung by a Southend man in a band originally from Southend...it would seem a contender.
A Whiter Shade Of Pale is officially the number 1 record for radio plays, beating the Beatles et all...and Southend written, Southend sung.

Brooker and Trower moved to and lived in Southend but none of Procol Harum were Southend born and bred. Even Alison Moyet was born in Billericay and grew up in BasVegas. Only two of The Kursaal Flyers are local (Rochford). James Bourne of Busted fame was born in Rochford and grew up in Southend. Perhaps he could be persuaded to record something.

Brooker and Trower moved to and lived in Southend but none of Procol Harum were Southend born and bred. Even Alison Moyet was born in Billericay and grew up in BasVegas. Only two of The Kursaal Flyers are local (Rochford). James Bourne of Busted fame was born in Rochford and grew up in Southend. Perhaps he could be persuaded to record something.

It is times like this that one realises the misfortune that nobody in Blazin' Squad came from Southend.

It is times like this that one realises the misfortune that nobody in Blazin' Squad came from Southend.

Had to Google them; Must be a quality popular beat combo as their record company released a "Best Of" just so they could drop them from a contract.

Eddie and the Hot Rods for me - I'd even take a cheesy version of "Oh I do like to be beside the sea side" at least it's topical. Even Orient manage to have a decent walk on tune so why we can't sort it out god only knows.
Whiter Shade of Pale is a fantastic song by the way but don't think it's works for a team walk on.
Everyone knows Eddie and the Hot Rods and it's a brilliant song - that should be our song.

Back