• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Out Of Contract Player Training with us

There was a time when one or two on here went and watched training- assume not currently?

If it's a forward, i'm guessing it's JET.

If it's a midfielder, i'm guessing it's Jan Kirchoff.

If its a defender, i'm guessing its Scott Golbourne.

Anyway, as i never get anything right, it's nailed on its neither of the above.

We have a winner!!!

FORMER Wolverhampton Wanderers left-back Scott Golbourne is training at Southend United, Echosport understands.

More...

Not too sure tbh- we have Hendrie, Kyps, white and Elvis can play there, Demetriou has as well I think. And that even before whoever is the U23 LB

But guess it’s not instead of a forward- it’s just whose available that could be signed

Would rather have a replacement for Hopper on trial in all honesty.

Would rather have a replacement for Hopper on trial in all honesty.

I would think that SCP wants that too. A number of enquiries will be being made and/or SCP will be aware of certain players’ availability. Some things progress more quickly than others hence Golbourne being ready and willing to join training right away - other enquiries may take a little longer to bear fruit. I do agree that a Hopper replacement is the most pressing need though. But I don’t mind having Golbourne (when fit) as competition for Hendrie.

I see its reported today that the EFL have requested FIFA change the transfer window rules to enable Loans throughout the year of under 23 players. May come a little late for us unless it was agreed very quickly.

I see its reported today that the EFL have requested FIFA change the transfer window rules to enable Loans throughout the year of under 23 players. May come a little late for us unless it was agreed very quickly.

No I hope not.
This pressure for change is coming from top clubs who hoover up youngsters and then they (club or player) realise they can't give the meaningful grown up football to develop. Its not our job to help them out- rather the big clubs and the players and their agents to realise that sating in L1/L2 and learning your trade has value.

Further not allowing this also encourages L1/L2 clubs to develop and use their own U23s whose development is over wise blocked by some other clubs U23.

I would think that SCP wants that too. A number of enquiries will be being made and/or SCP will be aware of certain players’ availability. Some things progress more quickly than others hence Golbourne being ready and willing to join training right away - other enquiries may take a little longer to bear fruit. I do agree that a Hopper replacement is the most pressing need though. But I don’t mind having Golbourne (when fit) as competition for Hendrie.
Think you're right mate. Just feel a little sorry for Hendrie in all honesty. He did okay at Sunderland when called into action IMO and by all accounts seemed to do alright at Barnsley as well (didn't go so only going by the thread and radio). Surely worst case scenario of Hendrie being injured / woeful would be to play Kyps there? I just think the money could be spent better elsewhere.

No I hope not.
This pressure for change is coming from top clubs who hoover up youngsters and then they (club or player) realise they can't give the meaningful grown up football to develop. Its not our job to help them out- rather the big clubs and the players and their agents to realise that sating in L1/L2 and learning your trade has value.

Further not allowing this also encourages L1/L2 clubs to develop and use their own U23s whose development is over wise blocked by some other clubs U23.
100% agree.
The big advantage small clubs have when trying to get youngsters to sign is that they are far far more likely to get an opportunity than they would with a prem club.
Kavangh told me at a forum that rob was totally against loans from premier ship clubs but he couldn’t get other chairman to agree. Yes there are loaners we would have missed out on , but there are also kids that may have signed for us instead of a pre club if they knew that in all likelihood they would never play a league match in the uk unless they moved club

Back