• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Owl man criticised by RSPCA - Echo exclusive...

well about boody time, owls are nocturnal and shouldn't be out during the day. I know he gets attention, the kids love them yadda yadda but the fact remains they should be paraded around town during the day like that.

well about boody time, owls are nocturnal and shouldn't be out during the day. I know he gets attention, the kids love them yadda yadda but the fact remains they should be paraded around town during the day like that.

Booo. Don't be so PC Al!
I'm sure the Owls - as they're domesticated now - won't be too stressed by daylight as they'll be used to it...

If I was an owl I would rather be out in the daylight eating owl mix and the occasional bit of KFC, Burger King and Mc Donalds than out at night and eating voles and shrews.

I concur with Cyril. Surely an owl would prefer the celebrity status amongst the goths and chavs loitering by the Rossi ice cream stall and eating the odd bit of Nando's and steakbakes than being pursued by Bill Oddie and a diet of rodents that have run across dog and cow ****-strewn fields?

I suggest the Owl Man punch Oddie's fcuking lights out sharpish, the do-gooding ****, in order to give the RSPCA a timely warning.

:hilarious: my goat did suffer rather!

Well if it makes you feel any better - it's a bit of a fallacy that owls are completely nocturnal. Of the three species that the paper mentions Owl man as keeping, two are mostly crepuscular (out at dusk/dawn), and the Little Owl he is pictured with is largely diurnal (out during the day) because they can't compete with the nocturnal Tawny Owl (which the paper doesn't mention Owl man as keeping).

Of course it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for the Echo to get things wrong - or for Owl man to 'selectively' list for the journo the species that he keeps so as to avoid criticism. But I'd probably trust the expertise and knowledge of someone who pretty much devotes their lives to their chosen species, than to animal loving do-gooders who generally know f*ck all about anything except that animals are cute and we should save them all (but maybe not the ugly or unpopular ones)...

Well if it makes you feel any better - it's a bit of a fallacy that owls are completely nocturnal. Of the three species that the paper mentions Owl man as keeping, two are mostly crepuscular (out at dusk/dawn), and the Little Owl he is pictured with is largely diurnal (out during the day) because they can't compete with the nocturnal Tawny Owl (which the paper doesn't mention Owl man as keeping).

That's some great Owl knowledge there, Mr. Weir!

I'm no owl expert - there's probably only enough room in this town for one of them - but I do love nature...

Shame, I had visions of you and the Owl Man duelling it out for supremacy to a soundtrack of Sparks - "This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us" :p

Back