• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxley out today.

I love how people think we can get the likes of Ben Foster in at Blues ?
People probably said the same about Neville Southall a few years ago.....

It would only be a short term loan and if they need proper game time, it could do them a favour.

No I don't - it just goes to show why the bigger clubs have at least 3 senior goalkeepers. I thought the Norwich keeper, McGovern, might be an option, but he's out for the rest of the season. Swansea have Benda injured as well.

Where they have enough fit goalkeepers it seems most of them are already out on loan (Gunnarson from Brentford and Walker from Reading).

Will be interesting to see who, if anyone, comes in. A few people have mentioned Josh Vickers from Rotherham and that is a good shout, not on the bench for them and only signed from Lincoln quite recently. A local lad too.

Indeed. From our perspective though it makes sense not hoard goalkeepers. They rarely get injured and given the availability of emergency loans, spending a) a salary, and b) a place in the squad would be unwise.

The only real issue is that the defense would benefit from having a 'keeper they've trained with before (i.e. a 3rd choice) rather than a stranger (i.e. an emergency loan).

Indeed. From our perspective though it makes sense not hoard goalkeepers. They rarely get injured and given the availability of emergency loans, spending a) a salary, and b) a place in the squad would be unwise.

The only real issue is that the defense would benefit from having a 'keeper they've trained with before (i.e. a 3rd choice) rather than a stranger (i.e. an emergency loan).

There‘s only been one season in the 5, 2017/18, that Oxley has been here in which he didn’t get injured.

Screenshot 2021-03-02 at 11.07.18.png
No point approaching Birmingham..... we are not the only ones searching for a keeper on an emergency loan!

This is one position that should be relatively easy to fill on the provision that the incoming player actually plays and doesn't sit on the bench which is hard on Seadon but what would happen if Seadon got injured during the match?

This is not a time for sentiment and if there is a quality goalkeeper available on loan then we should try and get him though i do feel for Seadon in these circumstances.

If all else fails? Who’s our most senior current academy goalkeeper? Assume they will be on the bench.

16 year old George Murray-Jones or schoolboy Finley Purcell play for Under 16s, 18s and 23s

Don't know about Jamie Grossart the U18 keeper who might be injured.

How about a gamble on a conference south, now not playing gk?
Obviously he would need to be a well thought of one; either to play or be the subs bench keeper? can that happen now that league is voided?

How about a gamble on a conference south, now not playing gk?
Obviously he would need to be a well thought of one; either to play or be the subs bench keeper? can that happen now that league is voided?
That would be tricky with them being furloughed - not been training so likely not sharp/fit and probably difficulties with paperwork too.

Close by not so correct Mr ITK, it was a groin injury.
Confirmed to me last night its a Hip flexor muscle problem - the kicking muscle near the top of the leg. Groin strain probably is an easy 'cover all' statement I guess !
Either way, it's up to 4 weeks possibly .

Last edited:
16 year old George Murray-Jones or schoolboy Finley Purcell play for Under 16s, 18s and 23s

Don't know about Jamie Grossart the U18 keeper who might be injured.

Jamie Grossart is listed on the website as our under-23’s keeper but appears he hasn’t played since December so quite possibly injured. Wouldn’t be a surprise seeing as he’s 120 years old according to the club website.

If Grossart isn’t available for the bench then it’s a real concern, as our only cover will be a real youngster. Makes letting Taylor leave look like even more of a crazy decision. We can’t have just crossed our fingers and toes and prayed that Ox doesn’t pick up any injuries or suspensions for the rest of the season surely?

There‘s only been one season in the 5, 2017/18, that Oxley has been here in which he didn’t get injured.

That's interesting, but it doesn't change the fact that goalkeepers in general tend to be rarely injured.

Jamie Grossart is listed on the website as our under-23’s keeper but appears he hasn’t played since December so quite possibly injured. Wouldn’t be a surprise seeing as he’s 120 years old according to the club website.

If Grossart isn’t available for the bench then it’s a real concern, as our only cover will be a real youngster. Makes letting Taylor leave look like even more of a crazy decision. We can’t have just crossed our fingers and toes and prayed that Ox doesn’t pick up any injuries or suspensions for the rest of the season surely?

Jamie Grossart is a second-year scholar (so he'll be 18 during this season). He was injured during the 3-1 U18s win at Stevenage on 9th January, with schoolboys George Murray-Jones and Fin Purcell playing in goal for the youth team since then.

Murray-Jones was praised for his performances in a friendly win at Category Two Academy Ipswich Town last week and after Saturday's goalless league draw with AFC Wimbledon U18s. He's done a lot of work building up physically in recent months, but youth team football - where he's kept two clean sheets and conceded eight goals in six appearances - is very different to first-team football.

Confirmed to me last night its a Hip flexor muscle problem - the kicking muscle near the top of the leg. Groin strain probably is an easy 'cover all' statement I guess !
Either way, it's up to 4 weeks possibly .

I shall take your word for it as you seem very certain! It was only in jest my original comment, I'm not here to cause any harm.

Kev

I shall take your word for it as you seem very certain! It was only in jest my original comment, I'm not here to cause any harm.

Kev
No harm done at all Kev. I didn't take it any other way than in jest. Heard from a couple of people one of which was a player who should know.

Back