• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxley out today.

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 11.15.13.png

Just looked it up - emergency goalkeepers must start the match and the Premier League does not permit sending goalkeepers on emergency loans to the EFL (therefore ruling out Walton and Bishop)

Therefore we need to look for a Championship club with an underused 'keeper - starting at the top, Norwich have Michael McGovern on their books and he wasn't starting or on their bench yesterday. https://www.canaries.co.uk/first-team/first-team/Goalkeeper/michael-mcgovern/

Last edited:
View attachment 14554

Just looked it up - emergency goalkeepers must start the match and the Premier League does not permit sending goalkeepers on emergency loans to the EFL (therefore ruling out Walton and Bishop)

Therefore we need to look for a Championship club with an underused 'keeper - starting at the top, Norwich have Michael McGovern on their books and he wasn't starting or on their bench yesterday. https://www.canaries.co.uk/first-team/first-team/Goalkeeper/michael-mcgovern/

So if Bass is injured, we either need to send him back or start him and sub him straight away! What are the rules on ending a 7 day emergency loan early?

What I find more concerning is that Seaden had no idea the new keeper was being brought in until the morning of the game and going by the quotes, he didn’t seem too happy about it.

Who knows but with your carefully selected username, be prepared for a little dig here or there by vigilant posters like myself!

Just found the article you referred to. Blimey! Doubt MM will be overly happy with those comments, but you can totally get his frustration.

So if Bass is injured, we either need to send him back or start him and sub him straight away! What are the rules on ending a 7 day emergency loan early?

I'd have thought that just means he is ineligible to be named on the bench.

I think we'll probably end up taking another keeper on loan because we won't otherwise be able to name one on the bench.

First choice Oxley is injured
Seaden is second choice
Third choice is Callum Taylor but he appears to be injured as he hasn't appeared for the u23s since October.
Fourth choice would be youth team keeper Jamie Grossart but he also appears to be injured and hasn't been seen since going off against Stevenage in January.
His deputy is George Murray-Jones and would appear to be 5th choice but seems to be returning back from injury although he played for the u18s at the weekend. In his absence schoolboy Finley Purcell played for the u23s last week - basically a week after stepping up for his 18 debut.

I was impressed by Seaden - he showed good distribution, he came for a cross or two and wasn't bullied and he made the saves when he had to. If Callum Taylor was fit I suspect Harry would get the nod for Tuesday but the absence of the 3rd and 4th choice keepers (and the 5th choice having missed the last few games) will likely push them into getting in an emergency loanee and if there's an emergency loanee the rules say he has to start.

I'd have thought that just means he is ineligible to be named on the bench.

I think we'll probably end up taking another keeper on loan because we won't otherwise be able to name one on the bench.

First choice Oxley is injured
Seaden is second choice
Third choice is Callum Taylor but he appears to be injured as he hasn't appeared for the u23s since October.
Fourth choice would be youth team keeper Jamie Grossart but he also appears to be injured and hasn't been seen since going off against Stevenage in January.
His deputy is George Murray-Jones and would appear to be 5th choice but seems to be returning back from injury although he played for the u18s at the weekend. In his absence schoolboy Finley Purcell played for the u23s last week - basically a week after stepping up for his 18 debut.

I was impressed by Seaden - he showed good distribution, he came for a cross or two and wasn't bullied and he made the saves when he had to. If Callum Taylor was fit I suspect Harry would get the nod for Tuesday but the absence of the 3rd and 4th choice keepers (and the 5th choice having missed the last few games) will likely push them into getting in an emergency loanee and if there's an emergency loanee the rules say he has to start.

....and if we do take another keeper on emergency loan, they have to start (that's the rules - see 57.4 below) so no point people moaning that Seaden should keep the shirt etc.

We either have to risk no keeper or a junior on the bench or start with an emergency loanee.

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 11.15.13.png

The only other option would be to sign an out of contract keeper on a short term deal - someone like Ben Alnwick (last seen at Bolton) or Paul Jones (last seen at Sheffield Wednesday).

Or register the goalkeeping coach and stick him on the bench as a few teams have done. Some have been well into their forties.

Maybe one of the outfield players has a secret talent between the sticks. I know during the PB time either Bolger or Lenny were the designated emergency custodians.

Or register the goalkeeping coach and stick him on the bench as a few teams have done. Some have been well into their forties.

Maybe one of the outfield players has a secret talent between the sticks. I know during the PB time either Bolger or Lenny were the designated emergency custodians.
Halford's played everywhere else!

Not sure how old Joe Prodomo (goalkeeping coach) is, but he's only played at non-league level. Not sure when his last game was either.

Well from CP's twitter feed MM seems to think Bass could be out for the season. See we still haven't shifted that injury curse!

Jamie Jones not averse to playing down south for a while. Knows at least one or two in our squad from previous teams. Dont know if hes no 1,2 or 3 where he is...(WIgan?)

Halford's played everywhere else!

Not sure how old Joe Prodomo (goalkeeping coach) is, but he's only played at non-league level. Not sure when his last game was either.

Funilly enough Halford was who i was thinking of.

Joe Prodomo sounds like a comedian.

Jamie Jones not averse to playing down south for a while. Knows at least one or two in our squad from previous teams. Dont know if hes no 1,2 or 3 where he is...(WIgan?)
He's currently starting for Latics so wouldn't be an option.

Anyway, I'm not particularly keen on him. He'd do a reasonable job, but last time I saw him for Latics he made a horrendous gaff (was taking a drink when a ball was passed back to him and wasn't paying attention, and then he picked the ball up, resulting in an indirect freekick that the opposition scored from [always a rare pleasure!]).

Owen Evans would be a better shout but he's on the bench for Latics so don't think they'd let him go.

We need someone with a big squad and at least 3 first team goalkeepers:

Norwich have 4 registered, including Michael McGovern who is injured and out for the season
Brentford have 4, including Luke Daniels (on the bench) and Gunnarson (already on loan)
Watford have 4, Ben Foster isn't getting game time or on the bench at the moment...
Swansea have 4, Benda is injured and their 4th choice not much older than Seaden
Reading have 4, Sam Walker (ex Col U) not even on the bench so could be a shout
Bournemouth only have 2, so despite MM's connections may not be much chance of anyone.

That's the top 6 - haven't got time to research the rest just now but from that list I'd say Sam Walker could be the best shout.

EDIT:

....Or would have been if he hadn't gone on loan to AFC Wimbledon in January, DOH!

Just shows how tricky it is to get someone in!

We need someone with a big squad and at least 3 first team goalkeepers:

Norwich have 4 registered, including Michael McGovern who is injured and out for the season
Brentford have 4, including Luke Daniels (on the bench) and Gunnarson (already on loan)
Watford have 4, Ben Foster isn't getting game time or on the bench at the moment...
Swansea have 4, Benda is injured and their 4th choice not much older than Seaden
Reading have 4, Sam Walker (ex Col U) not even on the bench so could be a shout
Bournemouth only have 2, so despite MM's connections may not be much chance of anyone.

That's the top 6 - haven't got time to research the rest just now but from that list I'd say Sam Walker could be the best shout.

EDIT:

....Or would have been if he hadn't gone on loan to AFC Wimbledon in January, DOH!

Just shows how tricky it is to get someone in!
Ben Foster !!! ???? Probably still ahead of Pope as the best English keeper—he’s been out injured for a few weeks now.

Back