• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oxley...

Great keeper but he will no more than anyone what a big mistake that was today and what it means for us, won’t do his confidence any good but will get over it, will he get dropped for it ? I’d be surprised if he did.

Public apology, and I don’t care if MM says it hit the bar, NO - IF YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT YOU TIP IT OVER
M.M is deluded as always.....ain't got a bad bone in his body, not a great thing for a manager imo

M.M is deluded as always.....ain't got a bad bone in his body, not a great thing for a manager imo

You think MM had a pro playing career and a good level of coaching career at a Premier league club as well as good success in competitive high end non league as a manager without having a strong ruthless steak? Don’t ever be fooled by a public persona of a person who’s played elite sport.

Whether people think he’s any good as a manager is of course arbitrary but it will in no way down to being too nice or not ruthless.

He's also the reason we took 3 points away instead of 1 against Newport, he does make blunders but he's also won us points that Seaden wouldn't have.
I don't recall him making any world class saves in that game, but today's error was a world class howler. I was at best an average Sunday League keeper and I would be embarrassed to face my teammates after a **** up like that.

I don't recall him making any world class saves in that game, but today's error was a world class howler. I was at best an average Sunday League keeper and I would be embarrassed to face my teammates after a **** up like that.
You must have turned off for the last few minutes of that game then as Oxley made an excellent save at the end to give us 3 points rather than 1.

Every keeper makes mistakes, look at them in the premiership at the moment, even the best do it, it’s how you come back from them mistakes that counts.

Yep. Let's hope he doesn't read this forum as frankly it's not going to be the confidence boost he needs to get over the mistake. Nor will it make him minded to perform at his best for the rest of the season as everyone needs him to, to get out of this mess.

His clangers are absolute bangers, done so well recently but that was a shocker undeniably.
I dont blame him for losing the game because with a different set up we should have won that game.
Thought he got down really well for that reaction save in the first half when it looked like it spooned off someone's knee right in front if goal

No, I watched the whole thing. You tell me when he's made a world class save recently.
We’re in League 2, what are you talking about world class for? It was an excellent save that a goalie at any level would have done well to make and saved us from dropping 2 points. Seems a weird thing to disregard because the matchwinning save didn’t meet your vague and strange criteria of ‘world class’.

Back