• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Parking campaign - please help your fellow fans!

Target man

Striker
Having started looking into the parking situation with associated Polls, it is clear early indication from results that a high number of supporters use local streets.

Whilst this is a good option for most, as demand becomes greater, we will all need to be smarter to help our fellow supporters.

As described in another thread by @OldBlueLady, some fans on Victoria Avenue are behaving quite selfishly. In support of this, I too have taken the time to observe local parking, an hour before kick off on Saturday.

It is sad to say, that many park without thought for other supporters, by lazily parking up and using 2-3 spaces that others could use. This is a regular observation.

We have a large fanbase of elderly supporters who are the very fabric of our club. What does it say when we park badly, making them park further away with extended unnecessary walking. It is extremely poor that we reward years of supporting the club with this culture.

These are examples below of Prittlewell Chase, where at least 10 more cars along the stretch could have gained a space on Saturday against York. I'm sure this is the same in other areas.

Please help your fellow supporters by parking with the thought for others.

20240210_133617.jpg20240210_133620.jpg20240210_133642.jpg

Last edited:
Most reputable people would blank out the number plates especially as the pictures are used in a pejorative way. You have no idea which one was at fault or which one parked first.
Of course not ..... but I've witnessed many in Southend shirts doing it. Not sure how to blank out, but I will remove until I can work it out. However, the point stands.

If anyone can help with this, please DM me and I'll send you pics.

I get your point but you have no way of knowing how long those cars were parked there before you took those pictures and they could have been in a tight spot and the cars around them have moved.

I get your point but you have no way of knowing how long those cars were parked there before you took those pictures and they could have been in a tight spot and the cars around them have moved.
Again I agree and point taken. Some may not be related to sufc at all .... but I regularly see at least 5 pull up in Southend shirts and park badly, taking spaces away from others. If this thread helps just 2 people with mobility issues park nearer then it's worth raising the issue. We can only account for ourselves.

The flip side to this though is that I've parked in side streets and had people park about 6 inches from my rear bumper. If you haven't left space in front you then can't get out of the space.

If only parking gaps were our only problem at the moment.....

The flip side to this though is that I've parked in side streets and had people park about 6 inches from my rear bumper. If you haven't left space in front you then can't get out of the space.

If only parking gaps were our only problem at the moment.....
Equally inconsiderate and not helpful.

100 million problems to sort no doubt, but got to start somewhere....

I arrived to Prittlewell Chase later than usual on Saturday (around 13:30 ish) and managed to squeeze into a space immediately after the zebra crossing.

It took me a minute or two to get into the spot being very careful not to touch the car in front (an orange 4x4) Annoyingly there was enough room for a fiesta to be parked behind it (as i evidenced by squeezing into it), and there was enough space in front of the car for i'd say enough Fiesta sized car.

I think some people now have forgotten the art of parking and they think their bonnet is 3 metres in length and that requires at least a 2 metre gap from the car in front and they rely to much on their parking sensors beeping and stop when it first makes a noise rather than judging by the actual distance.

My car has got parking sensors as well, they are called bumpers :Smile:

Club should put a park and ride scheme in. Could easily run busses from Southend Vic or Southend Central (basically adjacent to the bus station).

Or maybe there's an undeveloped plot of land near by that could be used as a car park with a shuttle bus service... 🤔

Club should put a park and ride scheme in. Could easily run busses from Southend Vic or Southend Central (basically adjacent to the bus station).

Or maybe there's an undeveloped plot of land near by that could be used as a car park with a shuttle bus service... 🤔

Yeah what he says. Spread Eagle could sponsor it.

Southend Vic to Roots Hall has already got loads of bus services - certainly on sat afternoon, guess the frequency drops off on a evening game.
At the moment I doubt the demand for a park/train and ride service is there. If in the future demand is there then maybe it needs to be from somewhere along the a127 - RBS car park/airport?

It would be a good idea if 'park on my drive' or something like that could happen during match day/times. It might only be a few spaces but every little helps

They may let someone park for free if they are football fans themselves.

Of course, back in the dim, distant past, you could also park at Westborough school on their playground, similarly to SHSB, and we've also lost the parking where Prospects used to be. Does seem to me as if an alternative should be found. Good bit of fund raising for the school too. Is the Tickfield Centre open on Saturdays? Might be worth considering talking to them, and St Marys School on East Street. Neither would take loads, but if both took say, 150/200 cars, it would help, particularly for away fans. 200 cars at £5 a time is a cool grand for school coffers!

Of course, back in the dim, distant past, you could also park at Westborough school on their playground, similarly to SHSB, and we've also lost the parking where Prospects used to be. Does seem to me as if an alternative should be found. Good bit of fund raising for the school too. Is the Tickfield Centre open on Saturdays? Might be worth considering talking to them, and St Marys School on East Street. Neither would take loads, but if both took say, 150/200 cars, it would help, particularly for away fans. 200 cars at £5 a time is a cool grand for school coffers!
On various away trips I have noticed many schools open up and allow cars to park the best one was in Gillingham not only could you park but they served up bacon sandwiches what a great money winner allround

Quite a few local business that could potentially open up for car parking if they are not being used weekends / evening kick offs. The Therapy Life Centre has about 30 / 40 spaces available on Prittlewell Chase.

Back