• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
A twitter rumour

Pascal Chimbonda could be on his way to #Southend United to replace Sean Clohessy who's agreed to join #Gillingham. #Gills #Sufc #Gfc

How many players have Gillingham been rumoured to sign!!

I thought Brown said that Leonard was a ready made replacement for Clohessy .....

To quote Chief Sitting Bull if I may for one moment , but "Brown seems to speak with fork tongue quite a lot"

Earlier tweets:

"Trust me, I have no reason to make stuff up, I was an agent for ages, have so many contacts and friends wanting to feud bidding wars."

and

"
#Bristol #Rovers and #Southend are going head to head to sign free agent Matthew Laird. #Brfc #Sufc #shrimpers"

:smile:

Earlier tweets:

"Trust me, I have no reason to make stuff up, I was an agent for ages, have so many contacts and friends wanting to feud bidding wars."

and

"
#Bristol #Rovers and #Southend are going head to head to sign free agent Matthew Laird. #Brfc #Sufc #shrimpers"

:smile:

Yeah I saw that, it has now been changed to Lund. Not really that big a rumour, an out of contract player being linked with the 2 clubs he was on loan with that season - just an educated guess.

I hate twitter accounts like that with people who pretend to be ITK. All you have to do is take a bit of a guess at something and if it doesn't come true just come out with some stupid excuse to cover it up.

Chimbonda, do me a favour, the bloke couldn't be bothered to pull his finger out in the Prem on the way to trousering millions, so he's hardly going to put in a shift at the Hall. Nothing but a cheat!

As for Mr Clohessy, one of the most over-rated footballers I have ever seen play, still scratching my head at how he got Player of the Season. Gets up and down, but was such a poor crosser of the ball I'm sure I spotted people in the South Upper wearing hard hats

Bit harsh comments there. I thought Chimbonda was a good player and he was as Doncaster recently. He has also moved to Asia after being offered a trial at a club there but is also doing football work off the pitch too.

As for Clohessy, he is a very consistent player who rarely has a bad game and is very good physically too. With the amount of games he has played for us in 3 seasons, it is quite remarkable. No he isn't a world beater and won't win us games single-handedly but what do you expect from a lower league player?

He could play in League 1 next season, but not higher IMO, and although I would be disappointed to see him go he isn't irreplaceable.

I can't work Bernie Friend out. Is he actually a Southend fan? His posts are nearly always negative & quite often just a bit wierd..

As for Mr Clohessy, one of the most over-rated footballers I have ever seen play, still scratching my head at how he got Player of the Season. Gets up and down, but was such a poor crosser of the ball I'm sure I spotted people in the South Upper wearing hard hats

Well seeing as we voted him player of the season and he got voted in the team of the year he is obviously overrated by a lot of people.

If Clohessey isnt all that I wonder what people expect of a fullback at this level...

Well seeing as we voted him player of the season and he got voted in the team of the year he is obviously overrated by a lot of people.

If Clohessey isn't all that I wonder what people expect of a fullback at this level...

I actually think that he is a good crosser of the ball. Not the best but not the worst either. His reliability though is excellent, and he is a player who gets on with his job quietly and does not look for hero worship like some players that I could mention.
Well deserved POS.

Very surprised about Bernie Friend's comments, I, too think Clohessy is a decent enough crosser of the ball for our level.

Winding people up relieves the monotony of life, does it?

I actually think that he is a good crosser of the ball. Not the best but not the worst either. His reliability though is excellent, and he is a player who gets on with his job quietly and does not look for hero worship like some players that I could mention.
Well deserved POS.
totally agree..in many ways I think PS's best signing!

Back