• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Passion

Loads of people on here want an old school hard man manager. They just want someone to shout at the players, a lot. Shout at them in the dressing room, shout at them on the touchline.
I get that people are frustrated and want to shout at the players, but the manager's job is to win games, not give voice to fans' frustrations and just rant at the players. Managers need to be able to do more than that.
Here's a bloke going on one of those rants. Can anyone tell me how his career as a manager went? How many champions leagues he won?

Loads of people on here want an old school hard man manager. They just want someone to shout at the players, a lot. Shout at them in the dressing room, shout at them on the touchline.
I get that people are frustrated and want to shout at the players, but the manager's job is to win games, not give voice to fans' frustrations and just rant at the players. Managers need to be able to do more than that.
Here's a bloke going on one of those rants. Can anyone tell me how his career as a manager went? How many champions leagues he won?

With the notable exception of Paul Brush how many other Leyton Orient managers have gone on to better things?

I don't think many on here do want an 'old school' manager that constantly rants. I believe most just want something more than dead pan looks, and want interviews, however brilliant or bizarre, that show a passion for the game, the club and the fans.

The dugout needs overseers and not ornaments.

I think Tommy Widdrington is still available. Absolute master of the touchline "bellow".

Reading his book on holiday at the moment. It’s a really, really good read if you ever get a chance. Passionate bloke who probably cared more than most around him at the time.

I don't necessarily want a loud screamer of a manager, but someone who shows a bit of passion for the club, the area and the players. I deliberately didn't mention the fans, because if he does the the previous three things I did mention, he will carry us with him.

I saw a reference to Champions League winners above, someone who celebrates us scoring like Klopp does and has always done wherever he has been will do me. Oh and I know he has only won it once, but it was at his 3rd attempt, not too shabby.

I wouldn't call him a hard man, but if I was playing for him, I wouldn't want to cross him, That type of manager would do for me.

Unfortunately people think you're not passionate if you don't rant and wave your arms about.

Back