• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paul Benson

thats one hell of a jump in 2 years...Essex Intermediate to Championship...that does smack of a panic buy

Feel sorry for Dagenham, would be nice to see my old amateur/hometown side in the league......
......chavvy bast rds :finger:

Daggers don't want to go up because they'd have to turn pro and they don't want to.

They make a tidy sum from the club bar and that is all they are interested in. Otherwise why sell five of your best players when you are top?

Talk about trying to throw it away.

Daggers don't want to go up because they'd have to turn pro and they don't want to.

They make a tidy sum from the club bar and that is all they are interested in. Otherwise why sell five of your best players when you are top?

Odd behaviour when Dagenham protested vehemently at Boston cheating a few years back denying them the chance of automatic promotion.
But... according to some of my mates it seems they really don't want to go up :thump:

Yep he signed a new deal this week i believe but they did sell 2 of their best players to P'boro earlier this week ...

I wouldn't say they are trying to throw it away at all. Unless they do let Benson leave cheaply. They have only allowed Blackett and Mackail-Smith to leave so far. And the Mackail-Smith transfer is one huge mess as the player is trying to backtrack on the deal as knows will get a larger signing on fee if he leaves in the summer. It represents a lot of money for Dagenham though for a player shortly out of contract.

Hmm.

According to my Daggers supporting mates the majority of their players are already on pro terms, Benson included. (They may be wrong though, wouldn't be the first time!)

I believe they sold Mackail-Smith because his contract was up and he didn't really want to stay beyond the end of the season, and Blackett just wanted the certainty of league football that Peterborough could offer.
They've brought in Boardman from Rochdale and Chris Moore from Brentford as replacements, so I reckon the desire for league football is there...

I hope Dagenham go up, more Essex side in the FL the merrier! Its be nice if Boston go down as well. Why should Paul Benson waste his time going to Torquay as his club going to replace them anyway.

Mind you McScriven, the Dagger Chairman still bitter over Boston cheating as he said that Dag & Red has missed out on what Yeovil done since they got promotion to FL & make more profits from improved gates money & SKY TV.

Not saying its not true but had a good chat with his Dad Charlie in the White Hart after the Spurs game. His Dad is mates with my Dad from old.

I asked Paul's Dad if there was any league clubs looking about. He said interest was there but couldnt see anything happening in the short term.

Of course it can all change but would be suprised based soley in the light of what his Dad said.

:(

Back