• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paul Hayes

lucus

Coach
Anybody heard any more news on him signing for us? I keep reading little bits here and there on the bbc site (606) saying he wants to move south and we are the most likely club interested in him, but nothing concrete has materialised as yet..?

lots of rumours about him, but from the times I've seen him I don't really rate him much better than Paynter. He is a solid player but isn't a natural goal-getter, was used as a wide man for barsley and so I don't think he is really much better than what we already have

*expects to be proven wrong now!*

lots of rumours about him, but from the times I've seen him I don't really rate him much better than Paynter. He is a solid player but isn't a natural goal-getter, was used as a wide man for barsley and so I don't think he is really much better than what we already have

He's scored 17 goals from 57 apps from Barnsley. Not bad for a wide player. Bradbury scored 4 all season.

i had him down as scoring 11 from 73 appearences... i'm not saying he is rubbish, i just don't think he would really add much to our current squad. i would much prefer a mobile PBB and maybe a super-quick youngster for the bench. other than that if we keep freddy then I'm happy with our frontline

i had him down as scoring 11 from 73 appearences... i'm not saying he is rubbish, i just don't think he would really add much to our current squad. i would much prefer a mobile PBB and maybe a super-quick youngster for the bench. other than that if we keep freddy then I'm happy with our frontline

Jontosh, I got that stat from Wikipedia :D

Last edited:

I wouldn't be shocked to see Tilly going in for him, seeing as he made a couple of unsuccessful bids in the January window. Especially as he is available on a free now..

Good to see T&B saying we need a Wayne Gray replacement but why didnt they realise this last season? Pretty obvious most of our strikers are one dimensional. Would seem to suggest Paynter wont be coming back.

Also good to see them after a CB who is 6ft 2 plus as I think Barrett and Clarkes relative lack of height has caused us problems.

Delighted that they are looking at him, but quite surprised that they've declared their interest to the media. Didn't we lose out on a striker at the last minute to the Cobblers a couple of seasons back by doing this?

Delighted that they are looking at him, but quite surprised that they've declared their interest to the media. Didn't we lose out on a striker at the last minute to the Cobblers a couple of seasons back by doing this?

They might be using it as a smokescreen, or they may be hoping he gets a lot of phonecalls from old mates who've read the story in the Echo asking if its true he's returning to the area!

Or maybe its to put the media away from the fact we are about to make a huge signing.

Any ideas who the other 3 of the four may be? I hope we are looking at Akinfenwa.

Back