• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Paul Osborne.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
Today I went to the funeral of Paul Osborne. Paul was one of the famous four Ozzie's that followed Southend. Paul was a well known face in Leigh, and a regular at The Elms pub. One of the Leigh old boys. The last time I saw him was up The Elms a couple of years ago. I used to see him at Roots Hall, but not for years. So as not to get confused, we used to say Rayleigh Ozzie and Leigh Elms Ozzie, sadly gone to stand in the North Bank in the sky. And spray can Ozzie(now living in Germany) and Leigh Comm Ozzie, who gladly are very much still with us and post on here now and again. Another goodun gone too soon.

Good to see you today Ronnie, thought it was a good service. I knew Rayleigh Ozzie well, he used to go to all Slades concerts, & the Band all knew him. He was bi-sexual & was murdered by the bloke he lived with in Rochford in either 81 or 82. Bloke got 8 years for manslaughter!.
Often wonder if various streets in Germany have ' Ozzie SUFC' sprayed somewhere!.
I keep in regular contact with Leigh Comm Oz, who i'm pleased to state is currently in good health!.

Good to see you today Ronnie, thought it was a good service. I knew Rayleigh Ozzie well, he used to go to all Slades concerts, & the Band all knew him. He was bi-sexual & was murdered by the bloke he lived with in Rochford in either 81 or 82. Bloke got 8 years for manslaughter!.
Often wonder if various streets in Germany have ' Ozzie SUFC' sprayed somewhere!.
I keep in regular contact with Leigh Comm Oz, who i'm pleased to state is currently in good health!.

It was great to see and talk to you as well T. Yes, I knew all about Rayleigh Ozzie and use to see and speak to him at Southend games, back in the old North Bank days. He was a bit of a lad. I arrived at a party in Rayleigh in a taxi, and he had just been slung out for fighting. He got in my taxi. Yes, Ozzie SUFC was sprayed everywhere. In some unusual places in London, and London train or tube stations. I saw and spoke with Leigh Comm Oz at Tony Livermore's funeral. I would gladly buy you or S a pint if I see you in the pub before a Southend game. Take care T, and get that body back to normal.

It was great to see and talk to you as well T. Yes, I knew all about Rayleigh Ozzie and use to see and speak to him at Southend games, back in the old North Bank days. He was a bit of a lad. I arrived at a party in Rayleigh in a taxi, and he had just been slung out for fighting. He got in my taxi. Yes, Ozzie SUFC was sprayed everywhere. In some unusual places in London, and London train or tube stations. I saw and spoke with Leigh Comm Oz at Tony Livermore's funeral. I would gladly buy you or S a pint if I see you in the pub before a Southend game. Take care T, and get that body back to normal.

TSNB Until last week, still run 4 times per week. Once I get rid of this Piriformis Syndrome ( sciatica ), i'll be pounding the streets again!. ( Age is but a number! ).
Sunderland game, i'll be in Last Post from 2pm, might as well finish the season with a session!. If your about come in, & i'll get the beers in. I'm usually in the top end ( opp Central station ).
'Ozzie SUFC' was on the wall outside Fenchurch St going down the steps past a pub for many years!. ATB T

I was at school with Rayleigh Ozzie (same year). Coincidentally the last time I saw him was when we bumped into him at a Slade concert at the Marquee in March 1980. Sad end to his life.

very sad to read about Ossie(Paul) passing.
Did not know so well,but we have lost sadly another North banker-Leigh Comm lad.Those days,we all knew each other....RIP mate

I never knew all people by names, particularly in the North Bank Days, I was far to young.:Whistling:

But I am sure I would of met him. R.I.P

Back