• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Paul Robinson

Paul Robinson has stood down from the board:

Paul Robinson - Official Club Statement

Any of our seasoned SUFC boardroom-watchers care to comment? What, if anything, should we read into that?

Matt

If this concerns what happened with the other Alessi twin then I am surprised.

After all it was a long time ago and I am sure most of us would agree it was an honest mistake.

Then again if you want to win Family club of the year awards you have to be seen to be whiter than white and perhaps it is for the best.

Last edited:
I have dealt with Paul Robinson before in a professional capacity. He is a decent man and is a Southend fan.

However, he has been involved in the club for a while, but it appears more and more of the legal requirements of the club are now handled by city firms and have perhaps outgrown what Paul Robinson can deal with, wheras in the past they would have dealt with a lot of the clubs issues.

I don't think he ever put any of his own money into the club and if legal matters are not being passed to him, then I don't think this is any great loss to the club.

I don't think he ever put any of his own money into the club and if legal matters are not being passed to him, then I don't think this is any great loss to the club.

I am sure I read somewhere he loaned the club 50K or maybe a bit more.As to why he is leaving it could be for any number of reasons I guess but I make that 3 Directors gone now in the past 6 months.

If this concerns what happened with the other Alessi twin then I am surprised.

Oh Lori!

I am not sure that paul Robinson did ever deal with any club legal matters. the clubs solicitor has been Alan Gerschlick for many years. With regards to the development, the club have used City based law firms, in view of their expertise and also to prevent conflcts of interest with the Football side of the business.

Oh Lori!

I am not sure that paul Robinson did ever deal with any club legal matters. the clubs solicitor has been Alan Gerschlick for many years. With regards to the development, the club have used City based law firms, in view of their expertise and also to prevent conflcts of interest with the Football side of the business.

I do know that Paul Robinson's have dealt with a number of SUFC matters (and Martin Dawn) over the years, but think as Ron has become more ambitious / litigious he has turned increasingly to city firms.

Oh Lori!

I'm not sure Gerschlick is the club's solicitor... especially considering he's the solicitor who acted on behalf of the consortium when he delivered their proposal to RM and is heavily involved with the Rubins.

I have meet Paul Robinson in the past and he has said at Board meetings you can express your opinion but it really only is that as the Chairmen owns 70% of voting rights and what he says goes, so in some ways your opinion is about as much use as chip paper sometimes

I have meet Paul Robinson in the past and he has said at Board meetings you can express your opinion but it really only is that as the Chairmen owns 70% of voting rights and what he says goes, so in some ways your opinion is about as much use as chip paper sometimes

I heard similar...he said it was a waste of time going to board meetings..He was never kept in the loop anyway about anything.....he knew about as much as me about things.

Oh Lori!

LOL, whoosh. Regarding the alessi twins. they were supposed to be idenctical, but one had a right dodgy boat

I heard a rumour that he is fronting a Lassiters hostile bid to take over Lou's place and has to put all his energy into that at the moment. Plain Jane the Super Brain is helping with the finances so I am told.

Paul Robinson has stood down from the board:

Paul Robinson - Official Club Statement

Any of our seasoned SUFC boardroom-watchers care to comment? What, if anything, should we read into that?

Matt

I believe he stood down before when the club were going through a particular dodgy spell a while back as he very sensibly did not want it to compromise his justifiably good reputation and professional integrity.

When things blew over he rejoined.

I don't claim have any inside knowledge on this but I do have access to a few facts:

Departures from board since start 09/10 season:
Paul Robinson, Gary Adamson, Derek(?) Wilshire, Gary Lockett

Appointments to board during same period:
Ian Riddoch, Nigel Brunning, Gary Adamson

None of the current directors have been disqualified from being a director.

ps Paul Robinson had been a board member since June 2001, can't find a record of him previously resigning and then being re-appointed

pps other remaining directors
GK since May 98
Franklin van Wezel since Nov 2000
David Markscheffel since May 91
Ray Osborne since July 96
RM since July 2000
Helen Norbury since Jan 2000
Sir John Sainsbury since July 09

Last edited:
I don't claim have any inside knowledge on this but I do have access to a few facts:

Departures from board since start 09/10 season:
Paul Robinson, Gary Adamson, Derek(?) Wilshire, Gary Lockett

Appointments to board during same period:
Ian Riddoch, Nigel Brunning, Gary Adamson

None of the current directors have been disqualified from being a director.

ps Paul Robinson had been a board member since June 2001, can't find a record of him previously resigning and then being re-appointed

pps other remaining directors
GK since May 98
Franklin van Wezel since Nov 2000
David Markscheffel since May 91
Ray Osborne since July 96
RM since July 2000
Helen Norbury since Jan 2000
Sir John Sainsbury since July 09

robinson has resigned befor.When he was up to be relected, befor we voted i asked him if he was going to jump ship again if the going got tough.i didnt vote for him again.

Back