• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Not necessarily, could have been him and that he's had a better offer so is training with them and if he can't get a deal he'll consider offers from League 1.

That sounds a very reasonable possibility.

It's all gone a bit quiet regarding this... I'm intrigued to know who it is/was.

I would also like to know if there has been any updates or sightings of a new player at B&L this week?

Richardson has now signed for Cardiff on a deal until January.

I'm sure I saw Chris Phillips tweet a picture of Patrice Evra yesterday, surely not??
Juventus to Southend, what a move that would be.

Andrea Blue Rejection!* .. a hahaha a hahahaha

*One for the 70's Disco fans, there.

... or maybe not, thinking about it.

... actually, it's a bit tenuous.

... In truth, it's a lot tenuous.

... It doesn't really work, does it.

... I'll get me coat! :blush:

The player was 35 year old Andrea Dossena. Phil has decided against it now tho.
A guy who failed at Orient and would be lucky to have one season of football left in him. Well done Phil, top quality player. I wonder if he ever gets bored of talking **** all day every day.

The Andrea Dossena Diaries

12th October 2016

Life ain't so bad. I'm sitting here, surrounded by memories of a great career, spanning hundreds of games in Serie A.

35, but still got it and really enjoy the attention of clubs still being interested in me, despite playing for Leyton Orient.

It's only a matter of time before someone comes in for me.

I will sleep well tonight.

13th October 2016

Just come off the phone to Brian Hornet (that reminds me, I'm fresh out of honey!).

F*** me, Southend United don't even want me and they're leaking goals for a laugh!

Don't they know I scored in the Champions League against Real Madrid! Real F****** Madrid! Not Rubin Kazan or FC Tomsk!

I don't know where this leaves me. I've still got loads to offer.

My mate said last week that I can always get a game for Bishops Cleave in the Uniblast Sticky Chewing Gum League. They're always after ex Champions League stars in their quest to get past Chippenham Town in the FA Cup 1st Qualifying Round.

He reckons Ronaldo and Roberto Carlos are already playing there. Mind you, he is serving 2 years in Lowdham Grange for Perjury, so I'd better check it out myself to be sure.

I'm feeling really low.

Think I WILL go and get that honey!

Last edited:
Another exciting young starlet from our progressive recruitment policy.

Worrying that he was even considering him! Geez, are we now going to be a graveyard for the terminally sh*te.

Blues opt against handing Italian left-back a trial

SOUTHEND United have opted against bringing in former Liverpool left-back Andrea Dossena.

More...

I have been a supporter of PB.
However, lets just add one more name to the long line of over the top - "has been's" that we have been connected with or signed.
It leads me to believe that PB is just an "old skool" guy who only knows of "old skool" players.
Where is the young, exciting and vibrant players we look at or try to get??
Time and again...older player - finished players.
If you were at any point ..any good? Give Phil a call. He remembers how you played in 2004/05.

Back