• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Blues Heaven

Youth Team
wFH-KED2_normal.jpg
Chris Phillips (@CJPhillips1982)
07/09/2016, 10:53
Hearing that Phil Brown is to be charged by the FA after he was sent from the dug-out at Bolton on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone

Every team has its problem time during a season, I'm hoping we're having ours now with all the injuries to key players, PB being naughty (again), patchy form etc. Rose tinted specs possibly, but I honestly do believe if we ever get our prefered first 11 on the pitch at the same time, assuming in PB's mind that includes Ranger, Tims, Wordsworth & Ferdinand, we'll be decent at this level.

PB whatever the circumstances cannot carry on behaving like he does. Another ban is inevitable so soon after the last one.

Agree....however bad you feel about a decision, you know if you kick off you are out, why is he not learning? What would your boss do if it was you? Consistent? Fired? He should be fined by the club...set an example to the un touchable one...

He probably watched Parkinson get away with it without sanction for 80 mins and assumed it was ok ( only to find the get out of jail free cards are issued to the bigger clubs only..)

He probably watched Parkinson get away with it without sanction for 80 mins and assumed it was ok ( only to find the get out of jail free cards are issued to the bigger clubs only..)

Or just maybe following his statement after the bury game last season that the league agreed with him else they would have charged him before, the league are setting him a proper example?

Call me an old traditionalist but I would expect all managers to act appropriately and to set an example to all those watching.

Parkinson gets away with blue murder on the gobbiness front. Last season at Roots Hall with Bradford he didn't shut the whole match.

I think its a case of being responsible for your own actions and not worrying about what others do.

With a bit of personal experience here, to be removed from the technical area and into the stands, takes some doing. The Fourth Official can usually manage it and it is very rare that he would escalate it to the man in the middle. I can only assume that was PB said was very, very bad indeed because at that level officials will pretty much cop a deafun to anything.

For it to happen twice in seven games is frankly ludicrous and he must learn from this. I know he wouldn't accept if one his players was binned twice in seven games for foul and abusive.

I think its a case of being responsible for your own actions and not worrying about what others do.

With a bit of personal experience here, to be removed from the technical area and into the stands, takes some doing. The Fourth Official can usually manage it and it is very rare that he would escalate it to the man in the middle. I can only assume that was PB said was very, very bad indeed because at that level officials will pretty much cop a deafun to anything.

For it to happen twice in seven games is frankly ludicrous and he must learn from this. I know he wouldn't accept if one his players was binned twice in seven games for foul and abusive.

The weird thing is that against Brighton he was in his technical box shouting a fair bit. I asked him to speak English as I couldn't understand a word he said. He rudely ignored me and carried on shouting in an obscure ancient tongue. So how did the fourth official understand what he said? Its a mystery to me.

Call me an old traditionalist but I would expect all managers to act appropriately and to set an example to all those watching.

You old traditionalist you.

I expect professional strikers to hit the target, goalkeepers to use their reach advantage to be able to catch the ball when challenged by an opposing player, referees to make the right calls, and fans to be fair and open-minded about their club and its employees with views that are always balanced and in perspective...

We may be disappointed Rattus me 'ol mucker.

I thought there was a new directive this season to clamp down on abuse ? If so that could explain why the deaf ear wasn't turned this time.

Whereas I agree that the officials should be treated with respect , some of their decisions are so poor and inconsistent they will struggle to get any respect unless they up their game quite a bit .

Maybe it's about time they had a press conference after games to explain some of their decisions .​

Whereas I agree that the officials should be treated with respect , some of their decisions are so poor and inconsistent they will struggle to get any respect unless they up their game quite a bit .

Maybe it's about time they had a press conference after games to explain some of their decisions .

Of course officials make mistakes and get some things wrong .......... don't we all? I would rather we look to the behaviour of the players - to my mind it has improved greatly over the last few years (do you remember when it used to take minutes to get a wall back to anywhere near 10 yards?) and can improve further. That would make it easier for the officials to concentrate on the game rather than the "tricks"

Maybe it's about time they had a press conference after games to explain some of their decisions .​

Said this for some time, now.

In this modern game of intrusive TV coverage over the slightest thing, you'd think referees would welcome the chance to be open about things.

Instead, they're still living in this medieval cloak & dagger shroud where no words can be uttered.

Recall Paul Durkin once doing a post-match interview explaining some decisions he gave at Old Trafford one afternoon and it fair old shut Red Nose up on the spot!

Back