• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Apologies if this has been covered on any of the other threads, but heaven forbid it should come to it, but who should take them?

I'm guessing maybe :

Worrall, McLaughlin, Timlin, Leonard, Coker

Tough one, as obviously it depends whose on the pitch at the end of extra time.

Apologies if this has been covered on any of the other threads, but heaven forbid it should come to it, but who should take them?

I'm guessing maybe :

Worrall, McLaughlin, Timlin, Leonard, Coker

Tough one, as obviously it depends whose on the pitch at the end of extra time.
Corr should be top of that list.

I thought about that, but having missed the other night and at Burton, would he be confident enough to take the responsibility?

Coker should be first for me. He's got the most cultured strike out of our team in my opinion. After him I'd want Timlin & Worral, Leonard/Piggott and then maybe a random shout for Bolger. No idea why on that last one, just a wildcard.

Did Brown say in the post match interview that Payne is one of the better penalty takers at the club?

Hasn't Barrett taken them before as one of the nominated 5 or am I mis-remembering?

Coker, Timlin, Lenny, Worrall, Corr or Payne dependant who is still on the pitch. During the game - Lenny.

Not sure why I haven't included the Pig in here, maybe instead of Coker.

Slightly off topic, (but relevant nonetheless)I'd have Leonard as full time taker. That lad can smash a dead ball, as powerful & accurate, as well as anyone.

Corr has missed three this season hasn't he? Love the guy but not sure he should still be on pens.

If Weston's on the pitch he'll surely take one, he took one or two earlier in the season I think.

Slightly off topic, (but relevant nonetheless)I'd have Leonard as full time taker. That lad can smash a dead ball, as powerful & accurate, as well as anyone.

Totally agree mate.

Totally agree mate.

Total no-brainer for me. I've always thought penalties should just be smashed at goal, Julian Dicks style & Lenny definitely has the power & accuracy to replicate such penalties. I distinctly remember Beckham's pen against the Argies back in the 2002 WC, and even though he smashed it straight down the middle, it simply had far too much power & pace for their keeper to even react. In fact, IIRC, the ball was already in the back of the net, before he'd managed to react?

Phil Brown said in the post-match interview on Sky that Jack Payne was out best penalty taker.

According to Transfermarkt website, our best penalty takers are:

Lee Barnard - 100% (9 out of 9)
Conor Clifford - 100% (2 out of 2)
Joe Pigott - 100% (1 out of 1)
Jake Cassidy - 100% (1 out of 1)
Barry Corr - 69% (9 out of 13)
Myles Weston - 67% (2 out of 3)

That doesn't include penalty shootouts.

Back