• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Peter Clarke - returning to Blackpool?

shrimperian

Coach
....returning to Blackpool, according to Blackpool fan in my office. I would normally ignore such rumours but this guy is well connected and attends many games as a guest of Owen Oysten, their Chairman. Clarkes reaction to Friday's defeat would seem to suggest that he is Southend to the core but on the other hand it might suggest that he knew it would be his last game. Not sure of his contractual situation either.

I would be sad to see him go but his distribution is often poor so again, depending on who we got in as a replacement, it might not be the worst that could happen.

....returning to Blackpool, according to Blackpool fan in my office. I would normally ignore such rumours but this guy is well connected and attends many games as a guest of Owen Oysten, their Chairman. Clarkes reaction to Friday's defeat would seem to suggest that he is Southend to the core but on the other hand it might suggest that he knew it would be his last game. Not sure of his contractual situation either.

I would be sad to see him go but his distribution is often poor so again, depending on who we got in as a replacement, it might not be the worst that could happen.

I also thought it odd him being so emotional so it lead me to thinking it could of been his last game? I hope not

Him and Barrett are too similar, wouldnt be the worse thing if left, means we could get a taller and much faster CB. He's also one of the most technically ungifted players, no touch or distribution whatsoever, a typical english centre half.

There might be something in this as I heard his other half isn't happy down here (rather like a certain Mrs Hammell and we all know what happened there .....!) and would love a move back north.

Clarkey lives near me and his Mrs pops into my mums salon quite a bit. She said she seems quite happy here but she is from the liverpool area and may well be looking to head back up there.

Jeez, they'll be nobody left at this rate :(

They'll be nothing left of my SUFC Calendar for the rest of the year at this rate - it's currently looking like:

June - ripped out (Maher)
July - Charlie Mac
Aug - Macca
Sept - ripped out (Hammell)
Oct - Bailey
Nov- ripped out (Black)
Dec - Moussa

Can't they check with Tilly who's going and who's staying before they print it?

He can't even predict the future and get he's priorities right about the yearly calendar. Tilson out.

FWIW I think he's still under contract so if he did go he would at least bring in a bit of dosh. Personally I hope he doesn't, really like the guy.

They'll be nothing left of my SUFC Calendar for the rest of the year at this rate - it's currently looking like:

June - ripped out (Maher)
July - Charlie Mac
Aug - Macca
Sept - ripped out (Hammell)
Oct - Bailey
Nov- ripped out (Black)
Dec - Moussa

Can't they check with Tilly who's going and who's staying before they print it?

Yep.....similar experience last year with Eastwood, Guttridge Bradbury etc........one of the reasons I didn't buy one this year. Perhaps they should try a SUFC Classics calendar ...... or rename it SUFC & ex SUFC Calendar.

Back