• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

LennySUFC

Director⭐
Does anyone want to give him coaching on passing, defending, not moaning at other players for his own mistakes or just genuine football abilities?

He is without doubt the weak link in the side

One of the worst left backs ever to pull on a Blues shirt, rejected by Tilly when he was on trial with us a few years ago, I wonder why!!

Chris Phillips just pulled out an interesting stat on Twitter - winning percentages for all our players this season. Gilbert is actually joint 3rd, with Hall and Mohsni in the bottom 3. Not his biggest fan myself but maybe Gilbert comes under some unnecessary criticism? He certainly doesn't get much of a chance at games.

That's because at the start of the season when we were playing bad, Prosser was playing left back but looked stronger. When we went on a winning run, Gilbert was in the side, looking weak as always.

Chris Phillips just pulled out an interesting stat on Twitter - winning percentages for all our players this season. Gilbert is actually joint 3rd, with Hall and Mohsni in the bottom 3. Not his biggest fan myself but maybe Gilbert comes under some unnecessary criticism? He certainly doesn't get much of a chance at games.

Because he faces no competition for LB

To be honest, he just doesn't ever do the right pass in a game, he will always play the long ball which nobody hardly ever gets onto!!!

Thats probably why PS is playing him every week. He seems to look at stats a lot by whats been said on here. But like I told him on an ealier little birdie post Stats can lie.
And the last time we heard from the wee Birdie was after our last Big win. Its all gone quiet over there, as they say.

Thats probably why PS is playing him every week. He seems to look at stats a lot by whats been said on here. But like I told him on an ealier little birdie post Stats can lie.
And the last time we heard from the wee Birdie was after our last Big win. Its all gone quiet over there, as they say.
and I forgot to add ssssshhhhhhhhhhh

Never had an issue with Gilbert as a defender, I think he is pretty solid, but going forward and with the ball he is utter rubbish. Last night in the first half was one of the worst displays I have seen from him.

I don't often post on here but have to agree with most about Gilbert's ability.....or lack of!!! Possibly one of the worst LB's I've ever seen playing for SUFC, his general play is poor, loses possession too easily and gets caught out of position far too often mainly coz he leaves to much space on his side!

Would like to see Barker at LB, even if he has himself been a bit shaky of late with Mohsni and Phillips in the middle.

Would like to see Barker at LB, even if he has himself been a bit shaky of late with Mohsni and Phillips in the middle.

I have to agree. My preference would be to get someone in on loan as Barker would struggle for pace against a semi quick winger but would be my preference to Prosser to replace Gilbert. Last game Prosser played there he was all at sea & kept looking for someone outside him. I am not against Prosser but I would prefer him in the middle.

There is no budget to get a LB on loan I guess we had that Shane Oconnor on trial and he has now joined a team in the Irish Prem.
PS needs to balance the books and offload a few players before RM will allow him to add to the squad wage budget anymore.

Bring back Dan Harding

There is no budget to get a LB on loan I guess we had that Shane Oconnor on trial and he has now joined a team in the Irish Prem.
PS needs to balance the books and offload a few players before RM will allow him to add to the squad wage budget anymore.

Bring back Dan Harding

There's no budget as it was spent on strikers when it has been clear for two seasons that Gilbert isn't fit for the job in hand. Why Northampton fans were so angered when he left I will never understand.

To me, it is also a case of the opposition very clearly targeting Gilbert too. Within seconds of Friday's game, Rotherham were looking at all times to attack down their right hand side. This continued most of the time, he is clearly the weak link in our side. What angers me more, is his constant tendency to blame those around him, when he is clearly way off the game.

Barker at left back for me.

Back