• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Peter Taylor

Yeah definitely they picked up a side that looked doomed to relegation.Peter Taylor must still be really into football as he is no youngster and I'd imagine is pretty well off financially
Nothing against Taylor at all, like you say he must still have the passion.

It is Robbie Cowlings son who has taken over at the top, a lot of tweets from maldon and col u fans saying they are now ruining 2 clubs šŸ˜‚

Reactions: tia

It is Robbie Cowlings son who has taken over at the top, a lot of tweets from maldon and col u fans saying they are now ruining 2 clubs šŸ˜‚
I didn't know that but knew clubs were linked to each other

I didn't know that but knew clubs were linked to each other
Yes,the scum took Tiptrees Church Road ground to set up their training ground.
That horribleā€”ā€”-Wayne Brown has had more than one spell as manager of both clubs.

That horribleā€”ā€”-Wayne Brown has had more than one spell as manager of both clubs.
Tiptree had a lovely little ground and the pitch was always in top condition. One of my favourite non league footy facts is that the tiptree groundsman went from tiptree in the ridgeons league to fc Porto in the champions league

Reactions: tia
Wayne Brown was doing a fairly decent job M and T had a decent cup run winning at the Orient.But then decided to return to Col U and M and T declined there after.Taylor must be desperate to return to management I hope he does know what he is getting into as the Cowlings couldn't run a bath let alone a football club

In fact they built houses on that site the training ground is elsewhere in Tiptree

Wayne Brown was doing a fairly decent job M and T had a decent cup run winning at the Orient.But then decided to return to Col U and M and T declined there after.Taylor must be desperate to return to management I hope he does know what he is getting into as the Cowlings couldn't run a bath let alone a football club
Wayne brown did do a good job, a lot of credit should go to Adam Flint though, he knows this level inside out and scouted pretty much all the players that weren't col u loanees. Kensdale was one of the col u loanees at that time.
Who is worse cowling or Ron?

Yes Mitchell Cowling was most recently chairman at Waterford but they have now been bought out by Andy Pilley who already owns Fleetwood FC. Waterford were relegated last season with both Greg Halford and Anthony Wordsworth in the team.

I hate to defend Colchester, but their training ground, Florence Park is over a mile away from the site of Tiptree's pleasant, tree-lined Chapel Road ground. Tiptree sold the site, I believe for housing, and Tiptree's Chairman took over Maldon, changed the name and shut down Tiptree United who'd a few years back made the Vase Final at Villa Park. Not sure when their insidious relationship with Colchester started, but pretty sure it was well after that.

Back