• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What you don't see on the highlights is Bentley in the end waving his own players away. Over the 98 minutes Dan had Grown back to his best. He almost said to both sets of players don't worry there's absolutely no chance of this one going in.

Looked about 10 feet tall after the save! Good lad, Dan! :happy:

watched it many times and I think it was a pen. Lino was right. sorry.

You need to watch it again in slowmo. Thompson kicks the ball straight(That's a clue there, kicking man and the ball would have gone in a funny direction) but even without that, you can see Thommo doesn't touch him and the player makes a theatrical dive at the side of Thommo.

What I don't understand is why the ref allowed himself to be overruled by his linesman when he had the perfect view of it himself.

The reason Luke was feeling extra 'sensitive' was because in the first half he won a clear corner, not given, and then after the ball came off a blue shirt he let it slowly run out for a throw deep in their half when he could have easily kept it in play. Again not given. The Peterborough players had jogged back into their own area in case the lino needed any clues.

We can all see the direction of the ball for the penalty decision. The ref had a good game But that 'assistant' suddenly developing epilepsy when he flagged left the ref with no choice but from the long discussion I think he new it was a big mistake.

What you don't see on the highlights is Bentley in the end waving his own players away. Over the 98 minutes Dan had Grown back to his best. He almost said to both sets of players don't worry there's absolutely no chance of this one going in.

I was quite surprised (but ultimately pleased) how little "gamesmanship" the Southend players undertook around the penalty.

From what I can remember they did not crowd around the penalty taker, move the ball off the spot and other such underhand tactics - I was even disappointed that Bentley didn't approach the penalty taker (before standing on his line) to show him how big he is and how difficult it would be to score. Still that's all water under the bridge now.

Which one? First he flagged for a throw then a corner then goal kick and finally for a substitution...... everything but a penalty.... its was comical...:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

It was very poor...... I counted 3 different flag positions but having looked again you're right, there was 4.

I agree that it was a very bad call by the Assistant Ref, but at the end of the day justice was done with Daniel's penalty save. I think maybe Phil and ourselves need to wind it in now as Phil will be getting his collar felt by the authorities probably for his comments. And more importantly the Assessor and or Ref should do something about the Lino's ****-up, but in private, which is as it should be.

it was a horrendous decision and the official is quite rightly being hung out to dry

The woman screaming "you ****!" as soon as Bentley makes the save does it for me :smile:

The highlights show the superb reaction save by Dan first half when he instinctively stuck out a hand to beat away a goal bound shot. The TV angle hardly does justice to the save which was far more impressive in real time. Dan back to his very best. And he had to be at the start of the second half when he made a cracking double save.

The highlights show the superb reaction save by Dan first half when he instinctively stuck out a hand to beat away a goal bound shot. The TV angle hardly does justice to the save which was far more impressive in real time. Dan back to his very best. And he had to be at the start of the second half when he made a cracking double save.

I was behind that shot as I was by the half way line and it was bending in the top corner. He got across well and made it look a lot easier than it was.

Back