• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Referee Dean Whitestone from Northampton starts his third season as a Football League referee with his third visit to Roots Hall. His most recent visit was the 1-0 defeat against Carlisle in which his performance was probably better than the 8 cautions might imply. His other visit was in the previous season when he officiated in the Leicester home draw in which he sent off Foran (perhaps he caught him chatting up his wife before the game?). Prior to these two, he was in charge of the away draw at Coventry which I believe he refereed reasonably well.

He is an up and coming referee who is in the newly formed so-called "talent group". This comprises about 10 referees who are being groomed for future "stardom" but don't get too excited because Darren Deadman is in this group too.

Could have started with worse.

Two new additions to the list of assistants will be assisting: W Atkin (from Crawley) and Matt McLaughlin (from Bedfordshire).

Elsewhere Leeds get their mandatory SG official and, for the first time, there are two females in the team of four at Coventry.

Mick, top work as always.

As a matter of interest who are the other officials in the "talent group",will be interesting to follow their progress during the season.

Mick, top work as always.

As a matter of interest who are the other officials in the "talent group",will be interesting to follow their progress during the season.

These are they:

Steve Cook
Steve Bratt
Darren Deadman
Kevin Friend
Michael Oliver
Craig Pawson
Rob Shoebridge
Anthony Taylor
Dean Whitestone

What a complete disaster, I was trying to think of this blokes name in the worst referee thread.

Prepare for every free kick taking about 5 minutes to sort out while he looks for the exact blade of grass where he thinks the offence took place. Trouble is he more often than not gets it wrong - I haven't forgotten him booking Hammell against Carlisle last year when this clown insisted the kick be taken about 5 yards further back from where it should have been twice.

He has been booed off both times he has come down, let's hope it's not a hat trick but somehow I hold out little hope.

What a complete disaster, I was trying to think of this blokes name in the worst referee thread.

Prepare for every free kick taking about 5 minutes to sort out while he looks for the exact blade of grass where he thinks the offence took place. Trouble is he more often than not gets it wrong - I haven't forgotten him booking Hammell against Carlisle last year when this clown insisted the kick be taken about 5 yards further back from where it should have been twice.

He has been booed off both times he has come down, let's hope it's not a hat trick but somehow I hold out little hope.

There was a reasonable length thread on the Carlisle game (if you want to bother to find it). General concensus, bar one post (yours) was that he wasn't too bad. I think it was one of the linos rather than the referee that upset the crowd in the Leicester match. Still it's all about opinions, preferably informed opinions, and if you think he's one of the worst refs then so be it.

A quick bit of googling will find a few people that any referee has upset. Normally these are people who have lost. Even the excellent Martin Atkinson had his integrity questioned by Ferguson resulting in a punishment from the FA of ....... nothing at all. That's respect for you.

Mick,

Is Joe Ross still about?

ta

Probably, but not as a football referee (thankfully).

He retired at the beginning of last season through illness and fatigue (i.e everyone was sick and tired of him). Football is probably no worse for the loss of a referee with one of the biggest egos in the game.

He retired at the beginning of last season through illness and fatigue (i.e everyone was sick and tired of him). Football is probably no worse for the loss of a referee with one of the biggest egos in the game.

didnt he try and claim he couldn't make it as a top referee cos he was black??

No mate its cos your ****!!

Thank god.

I dont think I have ever seen a worse official......

Back