• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is the news about the phased stadium development good or bad?

• Total voters
In itself it seems quite sensible, use the Sainsbury's money to fund the 3 sides that don't have external investment potential, find an investor ie hotel to fund the main stand with it's hotel/conference facilities.

However coupled with the winding up order news, unpaid wages & umbungo rumours, I have a sick feeling in my stomach.

edit: voted 'indifferent' as I am undecided.

It has to be good news. We could be here for years trying to secure the funding to get the whole thing built in one and we don't have the resources to do that.

This poll is already starting to firm up my belief that it's still the vocal minority spouting bile and shouting people down on here.

This poll is already starting to firm up my belief that it's still the vocal minority spouting bile and shouting people down on here.

To be fair yesterday was a bad day and the winding up petition was the thing I've been personally dreading all season. But it appears that that was a bargaining chip on the part of Sainsburys and not a sign that we'd spent every penny that Sainsburys were going to give us.

As I've said before, we need to get onsite at FF as soon as possible. If yesterday means that we're able to start work finally this summer then on reflection it's good news.

What Beefy said. A three-sided stadium isn't on anybody's wanted list, but if it's the only way to get this project off the ground then it's the only option for us as a going concern. It's been made quite clear that we can't survive at Roots Hall without a wealthy financier ready to subsidise our losses, so we either have to identify a Sheikh with a loose wallet or move. The relocation, no matter how many sides are constructed, is the only option for us at this moment in time.

If we are still in existance when the work is due to begin, or eventually completes, I would say it's a good thing.
If it ensures survival, I would say it's a good thing.

If we are still in existance when the work is due to begin, or eventually completes, I would say it's a good thing.
If it ensures survival, I would say it's a good thing.

This.

I can't pretend to speak for everyone, but when I go to the football I tend to look at the pitch not the stands.

To be honest anything that gets us on site at FF has to be a good thing, and if its a three sided stadium, or nothing, which seems to be the options, then il take the three sider.

Good BUT I still think they should do the main stand and not one behind the goal, it's going to be so weird

How people take the pis s out of Col U'S stadium is beyond me whilst we have the little weasel and his equaly dodgy mouthpiece in charge!

Well, if we belive what Ron has told us before then this has to be terrible news
  • we were told we would not have a three sided stadium (fact )
  • We were told that the point of moving was the increased revenue streams - which hav now largely disappered (fact)
  • we were told tht we had funding limits in place which meant that we would always now pay the taxman on time (fact)
  • we were told Tilson had been paid and he hasn't (according to others closer to the subject)
so how can we be happy about a three sided stadium !

On the other hand, we now seem to be being told that it is this or go bust which is an entirely different question.

I am voting yes, not ideal but we have to get started on the project asap.
Corporate hospitality could consist of a row of tents with their own bar area, borrow from cricket:winking:

Can some of the 22 (and rising) people who feel that this is bad news explain why it's bad news.

Can some of the 22 (and rising) people who feel that this is bad news explain why it's bad news.

I think what 'united we stand' quotes states my opinion also. In terms of what we were promised to start with to what we are getting is an absolute farce. It proves (not that anyone will be surprised) that Ron cannot afford to build any part of the stadium as he planned and under him there is no way this football club can ever succeed.

If you look at it as the approval will keep the club a live for the time being its excellent news.

Sadly all the people who have wanted to wait and see what happens have let the club slip to the current depths without any effort which i myself find very sad. The consortium did have the funds to build the stadium themselves even if it was in their own financial interest.

For those who voted 'yes' i would like to know when you believe the 4th stand will be built. Without the 4th stand the club are no better off than at Roots Hall do you not agree?

Back