• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

lobalong

Schoolboy
Our manager is on 5 live sports extra tonight covering the WBA v Arsenal Capital One cup tie .. Just waiting to see if he refers to us in anyway ...........

I would have thought in the situation we're in at the moment and with 48 hours to go before the next League Game he'd be more focused on our game. if our game was 4 or 5 days away then fine but 2 nights before he really ought to be wracking his brains about our match.

doesn't have to be anything to do with physicality. but he can plan which you can't do enough of and work out how you'll say the many things he has to say to the players and simplying it when doing so. can't afford to bodge it so you don't want it rushed cramming everything to the last min.

Simplifying I meant to say. And no not a slight on Brown I'd say this with any manager at any team or in any field. Once or twice I've seen managers do things for sky directly the evening before. don't think that's right. I wouldn't do it if it were a night or 2 nights beforehand.

He should already know what his game plan is by now so he can implement it into training this week. I don't see a problem with it personally.

that's fair enough. but full commitment to your own team within 48 hours of the next league game shows you care in abundance and represents ultra professionalism.

True, you rarely see any of the top managers doing this sort of thing.

yes you can also think to much about a game and this in itself is not good, think too much and things become complicated, its good that he has something on the side to do ,it can help him relax and think more clearly.also im sure he has already made his plans and tactics for the forthcoming game.Get off the mans back ,im pretty sure he knows more about his job than anyone on here does or thinks they do .

And I hope he abstains from any sexual activity in the week leading up to a match.

...blimey he gets about apart from where it really matters...this is your team where you have won sod all games, get on with it or get out!

...blimey he gets about apart from where it really matters...this is your team where you have won sod all games, get on with it or get out!

Same old. Heres a question for you. What did you do with your spare time when were riding high under tilly? Shrimperzone must have been in mourning from your negativity.

Same old. Heres a question for you. What did you do with your spare time when were riding high under tilly? Shrimperzone must have been in mourning from your negativity.

Blimey, I'm going to stand up for Wiggy. Wiggy hasn't said anything different to a number of other posters on here.

Switched on during the game, PB was asked his thoughts on the Di Canio sacking, his words were 'one point from 5 games is just not good enough', I kid you not.

Win tomorrow and PB will be back in favour again, the word 'fickle' comes to mind. Who'd be a football manager? COYBB

Switched on during the game, PB was asked his thoughts on the Di Canio sacking, his words were 'one point from 5 games is just not good enough', I kid you not.

No it isn't which is why Phil has been making sure the players are aware of that, in public. Nothing to do with him at all :dim:

I would have thought in the situation we're in at the moment and with 48 hours to go before the next League Game he'd be more focused on our game. if our game was 4 or 5 days away then fine but 2 nights before he really ought to be wracking his brains about our match.

He's just awaiting the Shrimperzone poll on who should be his full backs for fridays match ...

Absurd.

As we now know Paul Sturrock used to spend very little time on the training pitch with the team.

How much time does Brown really need to spend wracking his brains out? Does he really need 16 hours a day to make a decision?

Get on with what? The players only train till lunchtime, what should he be doing at that time ?

Oh dear, if he did say that then that is absolutely hilarious.

Back