• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimper61

So say we all⭐
Just seen phil brown on sky sports news saying he is signing a 3 year contract extension to his 2 year deal.Very good news and good to hear. He also said he was very busy and was meeting a player tonight,maybe one of the prem strikers he is chasing.

With a clause that if we miss out on promotion next season he'll fall on his sword? I can't see Ronny being happy missing out again.

Just seen phil brown on sky sports news saying he is signing a 3 year contract extension to his 2 year deal.Very good news and good to hear. He also said he was very busy and was meeting a player tonight,maybe one of the prem strikers he is chasing.

Lets hope he achieves more than he did in the last 4 years !!

Why is everything looking so promising..? So is that a 3 year extension meaning 4 years? Or 3 years total?

I'll settle for the guy putting his signature at the bottom of the page, really good news I think. It also sends out a strong message to potential new signings.

Good news and a wise move from the board to tie him down. I was really impressed with Brown last season and I'm feeling very optimistic about next season. He seems to be able to attract good players. The future's bright, the future's Brown! :winking:

Very good news - if he gets the right 3 or 4 players in this could be the season we eventually escape from the dross that is league 2.

Agree that this is good news as it provides a level of certainty for all at the club and hopefully will allow continuity of style, philosophy etc that should be emananting from the first Team right down to the youth team which in turn should allow the transition of youngsters coming through to be easier and more productive than it has been in recent years.

Also, while I agree that League 2 is dross, we sadly have to accept that as a Team competing in League 2 and being unable to finish in the top 3 or win the play offs, that we are actually part of what forms that dross :0(

Agree that this is good news as it provides a level of certainty for all at the club and hopefully will allow continuity of style, philosophy etc that should be emananting from the first Team right down to the youth team which in turn should allow the transition of youngsters coming through to be easier and more productive than it has been in recent years.

Also, while I agree that League 2 is dross, we sadly have to accept that as a Team competing in League 2 and being unable to finish in the top 3 or win the play offs, that we are actually part of what forms that dross :0(

At times yes but we are a better club than that with more potential than most if them could only dream of.

Sadly have to agree, although I think we will be in the minority in having that view.

Although rightly good news, wonder how long it will take for people to turn on him if we don't start well next season. After the decent season just gone and if we don't lose anymore players and bring in new we probably should be expecting promotion and I would think PB thinks the same. We came close this season, close won't be good enough next season

Although rightly good news, wonder how long it will take for people to turn on him if we don't start well next season. After the decent season just gone and if we don't lose anymore players and bring in new we probably should be expecting promotion and I would think PB thinks the same. We came close this season, close won't be good enough next season

And if that scenario happens then that's not an unrealistic expectation. We were really good at times and inconsistent at others last season. With the addition of one or two extra forwards and maybe Jakob signing, then I really fancy us for an auto.

Well, the bookies see us close to the play-offs and whilst I can understand Luton, Portsmouth and Shrewsbury ahead of us, on what basis do Stevenage and (especially) Bury merit better odds than us? Things will perhaps change as squads are developed through the close season. There again, does it mean very much?............IIRC they forecast us for a mid-table finish for the season just gone.

Well, the bookies see us close to the play-offs and whilst I can understand Luton, Portsmouth and Shrewsbury ahead of us, on what basis do Stevenage and (especially) Bury merit better odds than us? Things will perhaps change as squads are developed through the close season. There again, does it mean very much?............IIRC they forecast us for a mid-table finish for the season just gone.
not quite sure why the bookies see any of those teams ahead of us...a conference team, a team who only avoided relegation in the final few games and a relegated team who have fewer fans than us...

clearly Pompey have massive potential in their fanbase but we all know crowd matters not in this league. we have nothing to fear from any of the relegated teams.

Back