• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Phil Brown to Southend...

pickledseal

cowboy
Heard this one today.
Feels slightly random....

There is definitely things afoot though, why are new managers being rumoured about if Tilly was dead cert on staying!?

Only after rigamortis has ravaged my cold, dead body will I let that headset wearing, permatanned pillock anywhere near my football club.

Only after rigamortis has ravaged my cold, dead body will I let that headset wearing, permatanned pillock anywhere near my football club.

If only we had a say!

Can't see it myself unless he's got so much money he's being happy being paid in shirt buttons.

I cant stand him more for what he wears than anything....

Anyway why would he want to move south and drop in effect three divisions...

If tilly were to leave then i would say yes, but i cant see tilly leaving nor can i see phil im incredibly brown brown coming to blues

I don't see what the problem is with him? I think he is a very good manager and quite funny as a person when I have seen him in interviews etc. It will never happen but I would be over the moon if (let's hope we don't) we lose Tilson and he was the replacement.

It was more than likely idle SZ gossip, but wasn't there speculation that Duffen could get involved with the FF property deal? being relatively local and experienced in that field.

If there's more to that story it certainly could add credence to this rumour, what with Duffen and Brown being BFFs.

There is no chance, no chance at all, of a manager like Phil Brown taking over at a club like this. For Christ's sake, whatever you think of him, he's been managing in the Premier League for two years and we're a near-bankrupt fourth division side!

Stop this silliness immediately.

If Tilson were to go, I have to say we could do far worse than Brown. My current first choice would be Brendan Rogers, but I guess as soon as he got any degree of success he be away like a shot. I fear though the biggest name we will indeed end up with will be Peter Taylor (another (ex) Hull manager)...

If Tilson was to go I cant see anyone with a half decent reputation wanting to chance it with us. If you fail with us then the only way is down which at the moment means the non-leagues..

If Tilson was to go I cant see anyone with a half decent reputation wanting to chance it with us. If you fail with us then the only way is down which at the moment means the non-leagues..

Who was the guy who left Kettering to go to Peterborough ? We'll probably end up with someone like him IF Tilly were to leave.

That's the one. I'd rather have someone like him who is virtually untried than some jumped up big time Charlie like Phil Brown.

Sorry, but given the choice, I'd rather have Brown as much as I despise him.

He got Hull promoted on a shoestring and kept them in the League. He then overspent like a mad man, chasing the dream, but he's not a bad manager at all. Cooper, on the other hand, didn't exactly set the world alight at Kettering and their fans were just as bemused as the rest of us when he was given a chance at Peterborough, where he failed miserably.

Sorry, but given the choice, I'd rather have Brown as much as I despise him.

He got Hull promoted on a shoestring and kept them in the League. He then overspent like a mad man, chasing the dream, but he's not a bad manager at all. Cooper, on the other hand, didn't exactly set the world alight at Kettering and their fans were just as bemused as the rest of us when he was given a chance at Peterborough, where he failed miserably.

I understand what you're saying, I wasn't necessarily talking about Brown and Cooper, I was just using them as examples.

There's no doubt Brown is a good manager but I detest the bloke, I just wouldn't want someone like that to be Southend manager, walk around like he owns the place and use the club as a stepping stone. i.e Paul Lambert.

Back