• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I wonder how much we will save on wages. Probably not much if Brighton and Charlton were sharing the load.

Thats no surprise, as they were previously reported to be heading back to their clubs after the Donny game (although negotiations are still on going, however I doubt they will return).

Other than Joe, Charlton seem to be making a few early transfer moves already (Diego Poyet from West Ham & Roger Johnson from Birmingham City). Not sure at this stage how this will effect Joe though, however they already seem to have a solid squad and looking as if they want to strenghten and not deplete. But I doubt he will get a look in.

As for Glen, from the article I read, it seems Chris Hughton is royally P1ssed off with Phil for publically commenting on wanting Glen Rea to return to Southend, calling it unproffesional and the conversation they had was a private matter, he also hinted at getting Rea more games. So I would imagine if he doesnt stay at Brighton, Hughton will ship him off to another club.
Im a bit gutted about that, because if I had to only keep one of the two, I would have preffered to keep Rea.

Rea back to Brighton makes Saturday's selection of him over Worrall/McLaughlin even more bizarre than at the time! :stunned:

Both not up to standard to make any impact on the side. Really not worried by this at all.

I will be a tad worried if we end up being 2 squad numbers down for the 2nd half of the season, or panicking at the last minute as all the quality alternatives have been snapped up & we will end up paying more for lower quality just to fill the numbers.

In other words, im a tad worried, we will do exactly that... which we do in every transfer window.

I will be a tad worried if we end up being 2 squad numbers down for the 2nd half of the season, or panicking at the last minute as all the quality alternatives have been snapped up & we will end up paying more for lower quality just to fill the numbers.

In other words, im a tad worried, we will do exactly that... which we do in every transfer window.

Puts pressure on PB to actually make a signing at least.

We need players out in order to get other players in as we are working within the Financial Fair Play restrictions.

Neither of these two were starting recent matches so if we do get anyone in to replace them then let's hope they are definite first Team starters.

Rea could be a first 11 player in the future to be fair, at the minute he would be / is just a squad filler so unless we got him very cheaply I think we're better off focusing elsewhere for now.

I put Rea in the "Moshni bracket"....either a defender or last 10 minute striker ..if chasing a game. Why do managers Mr Sturrock/ PB push them into bandit country (midfield)?

No surprise, and thank god for that.

Dont get me wrong, he has earned us some valuable points during his stint with us & I wish him all the luck in the future, but sitting in the west stand, & watching him a majority of the time he has been in-effective.

and as a fan, I would rather see another player come in and wear his heart on our club sleeve, as apose to Joe moaning on social media or the press, about his desire to return to his own club.

And as a fan, I would rather see another player come in and wear his heart on our club sleeve, as apposed to Joe moaning on social media or the press, about his desire to return to his own club.

That's what you get with some loan players * ........... I remember seeing a loan defender we had (from Wolves I think) a few season ago who just sat in the dugout and didn't stop smiling and joking even as the opposition scored against us.

* and it is another reason why I am in favour of the loan system being drastically pruned

That's what you get with some loan players * ........... I remember seeing a loan defender we had (from Wolves I think) a few season ago who just sat in the dugout and didn't stop smiling and joking even as the opposition scored against us.

* and it is another reason why I am in favour of the loan system being drastically pruned

Friend or Malone ?

Back