• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
I hope there will be a lot of work on the roothall pitch during the summer .Last season the goal areas come the early part of the winter looked like southend beach .No grass just mud and sand . I have never seen the pitch in such a state before .We lost or way on the boggie pitches . But the playing surface was really poor I know we had lots of rain but surely we need to look at the drainage to try to keep the pitch in tip top condition .

One of the best pitches in the league and no one could have legislated for that wet winter.

The groundsmen do an amazing job at Roots Hall in my opinion. Not much change needed,

The problem was, we kept playing on the pitch when it was in such a state. I'm not saying the games should have been called off or anything, but, with the weather the way it was, the pitch was only going to get more and more churned up with each passing game in such conditions. I think we should take our hats off to the ground staff as the pitch was in exceptional condition towards the end of the season and was very nice indeed to play on last Sunday.

the pitch did take a battering during the season and to be honest I was suprised a couple of games didn't get called off, I was at Northampton this season and to be honest I thought it was the best pitch I have seen in a long time and they have 2 football teams playing on it

The club has been advertising the pitch for hire during the summer so not sure if there's going to be any work on it this year. Last Winter's weather was rather exceptional conditions, nowhere near as wet as that normally.

Back